the sun and the sky [pt. 1] (fluff)

Cw/Tw:

Kyle and Cody are best friends, and have been for the past six years. They both have obvious feelings towards each other. They decide to experiment with their feelings, and it ends up... Interestingly

[Cody's Pov]
"Ky?" I ask, sitting up from my spot on the couch as my front door randomly opens. "Sorry to come without warning. I was in the middle of texting you and my phone died- Sorry." Kyle states, closing the door before taking his beaten-up converse off. "Oh, don't worry. I thought I was about to get murdered." I chuckled, pausing the TV. Kyle slowly walks up to me, sitting down next to my feet, as I had previously been laying flat on the couch. I brought my feet down and gestured for him to sit closer, and that he did.

He plopped his head on my shoulder, grabbing the remote and pressing play. "Dude, are you okay? You seem off." I questioned, tracing patterns into Kyle's palm with my pointer finger. "Yeah I just- I have something to tell you actually." his voice low, almost at a whisper. I paused the movie yet again as he sat up straight. We both faced each other, sitting cross-legged on the couch. His flustered gaze met mine, his hands ran up and down his thigh, something he's always done to calm himself down.

"Well I just- I was thinking- Fuck uh..." He trailed off, hiding his face in his palms. "Take your time, Ky" I told him, as his eyes met mine for just a split second. "Ilikeyou." He says in a hurried whisper, not even pausing between words. I sat in silence, not knowing how to respond. Thats at least what I told myself, but I full well knew how to respond. I like you too I thought to myself. Why can't you say it? He said it first and you can't even say it back?

"I- I like you to, Ky." the words finally slipped past my lips. His eyes widened in shock, before he spoke up again. "Can I kiss you?" he asked, biting on his lower lip. "Fuck yes." We both giggle, before he leans in to kiss me. He tastes like cherries, as his soft lips glide against my chapped, dry lips. My tongue enters his mouth, still cherries. His body moves closer to mine, before his legs inch closer to mine and before I know it, he's straddling me. His fingers tangle themselves into my long, dark hair, as my hands cup his soft cheeks. Everything about him is so soft, from his skin to the sound of his quiet whimpers. God fucking damn it, his whimpers. His clothed crotch grinds against mine, more whines and gentle moans escaping his lips due to the friction.

His lips pull away from mine, a string of saliva breaking onto his chin. "Your lips make me wonder what the rest of you tastes like, Kyle." I tease, my hands trailing down from his face, to his shoulders, then his waist, until I reach his ass. His face grows pink, before his smile suddenly drops. I remove my hands from him, holding them up as if I was just about to get arrested. "Are you okay?" I ask, my gaze meeting his pretty, blue eyes. "Uh, I don't think I'm ready for, sex, yet. Can we just stick to... Can we just not fuck? For now?" He mumbled.

"Yes. Of course. I don't want to and I would never do anything you're not comfortable with" I state, as his lips bend into a warm smile. His lips slowly meet mine again, this time much gentler, and full of love. He still tasted like cherries, fireworks exploded everywhere we had skin-on-skin contact. He pulls away once more, his mouth had turned into a big, toothy smile. So had mine. And we just sat here.
Smiling at each other.

I had always felt like I was the ocean, and he was so close to swimming, but instead he sat on the sand. Or as if I was the stars but he instead sat with the moon. But no, I was wrong yet again. I wasn't the ocean or the stars. I'm the flowers that he tries so hard to keep alive. I'm the flowers and he's the bee that always comes back to pollinate. I'm the sun he watches, rising and setting. I'm the sun and he's the sky that I rise and set in everyday.

My whole life, it'd felt like I would never click with someone like everyone talked about. And maybe I never will. But me and Kyle, my Kyle, we don't click yet we don't clash. We are not the same nor are we any different. We are perfect for each other.
I have loved him for years. And I can feel that I always will.

A/N
The last two paragraphs is just Cody's thoughts, but I miiiight make another version of this, but just from Kyle's pov.
hope u enjoyed my shitty poetry type thing 😭