"I see... that sucks to hear. But I mean... I don't know if doing that will make things better. It'll only work temporarily."

"I know. But alcohol and bass are the two things that make me happy. Eh, I guess talking to you makes me happy too! Most people find me annoying."

"I mean maybe because you're drunk almost all the time."

"Hehe that might be true. Maybe I should stop."

"You should!"

"It's just when I'm sober and not playing bass I'm not happy!"

"....."

Maybe you're a little depressed.

Kikuri stands up.

"You might be right, I'll try spending the rest of the night without drinking some good old booze."

She looks at me and smiles.

"I think you have somewhere to be right now."

I stand up and clench my fists.

"You're right! Thank you for everything Kikuri. You're... like an older sister to me in a way. Your advice always helps me out."

"It's no biggie! If you ever wanna talk just let me know."

"I will!"

"I will!"

Kikuri waves.

"Bye bye Y/N! Don't slip up your chance this time!"

"I promise I won't!"

I waved at her and turned around. As I turned, she smiled brightly at me the whole way through. And without hesitation, I ran my way back to the hotel. Nothing's going to stop me. I want to tell her. No that's not the right word for it, I need to tell her. Nothing is going to stop me. I love her. I want to spend the rest of my life with her. Geez I can't stop thinking about anything but her.

Is this what true love is? When I was in my old school I found some girls cute, but Bocchi is different. Just seeing her makes my day 10 times better. If I don't tell her now I might never be able to tell her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time I reached the hotel, it had already long been nighttime. People probably were heading to bed now. The main lobby of the hotel was quiet. Nobody was there besides the desk agent. As I get closer and closer to my room the faster my heart beats.

It's going to be okay.

I take a deep breath and slide the door open to my hotel room. The light was off.