ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ

Start from the beginning

Hearts hammering against my chest, I place a hand over my mouth, my lips trembling. I startle when my eldest sister suddenly wraps her arms around my shoulder and presses the side of her cheek against mine. After a couple of seconds, she slowly pulls away and then kisses my cheek.

"In the end, it is your choice," Elizabeth tells me as she turns to leave the balcony. "But whatever you choose to do, little sister, I'm sure Gelda will be alright with it. After all, she loves you dearly."

My eldest sister sees the pained expression on my face and lightly whacks the back of my head.

"I'm quite sure she'll also be annoyed that you're allowing this to distract you on your wedding day," she points out with a nonchalant shrug as she walks off the balcony, waving a hand over her shoulder. "So take some time to collect your thoughts. I'll see you in your room, little sister."

Rubbing the back of my head, I silently watch as the Queen of Liones leaves, her stroll graceful.

She's right. Gelda wouldn't be happy if I allowed this to distract me on this important day. But I can't help it. Letting Gelda go...is something that has been worrying me for the past few days.

I just found her. And now I have to let her go? Why can't she just stay? Here, with me and Zeldris?

"Queen (Y/n) of the Demon race," a voice calls out. "If it's not too much trouble, may I join you?"

Swiftly turning around, my knees immediately grow weak when I see that it's the King of Chaos who has arrived. Moving on its own, my body starts to shake a little as I fall to my knees, bowing.

"King Arthur," I say with a nervous gulp, gaze focused on the ground. "What can I do for you?"

He makes a noise of protest and gently grabs hold of my elbows. "You don't have to bow to me."

Blinking in surprise at this, I just allow the young Human to pull me back up on my feet slowly.

"I don't mean to make you nervous or worry you right now, Queen (Y/n)," he says with a smile and tilts his head to the side, his purple eyes sparkling, "but isn't the ceremony starting soon?"

"Yes, it is," I answer him quietly before awkwardly shifting around, my hands behind my back.

"There's something you want to say to me, isn't there?" Arthur says, still smiling brightly at me.

I'm the King. Arthur Pendragon, the King of Camelot.

I'll never ever forgive you!

I am now going to annihilate all of you, and take back my kingdom!

Do not fight the young King of Camelot.

"Tell me something, do you still hold any hatred towards me, King Arthur?" I ask him softly while my body sways a little on the spot. "Because of what I did. To you, and the Kingdom of Camelot."

He blinks slowly, processing the question. "What? No—No, of course not, Queen (Y/n). I—I mean, I won't lie right now. My heart still aches for those I have lost during this terrible war but I just..."

But I'm one of the main reasons why all those people died, why half of his people are gone now.

Placing a hand over my chest, I say quietly, "King Arthur, I really never meant to hurt anyone—"