ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ

━━ 🌹 ━━

━━ 🌹 ━━

"ɪ'ʟʟ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ 'ᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴍᴇ."

ɴꜰ

━━ 🌹 ━━

"You seem distracted," my teacher speaks from behind me. "Are you alright, Princess (Y/n)?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I answer too quickly as I stare at the cocoon in front of us, one that contains the eldest daughter of the Demon Queen. "I just—I just feel like something bad's going to happen."

"Do you doubt your sister can absorb the Commandments successfully?" Cusack questions and I shake my head in response. "Then why do you feel like something bad is going to happen?"

"Maybe not here," I say, looking out to the large green lands in the distance. "Somewhere else."

"Keep your focus here," Chandler scolds me and I roll my eyes at this unnecessary statement.

"So far, Elizabeth is showing no signs of rejection," I comment quietly as the three of us stare at the massive, white cocoon. "She's slowly absorbing five of the Commandments we possessed."

"But there are still another three out there," Chandler notes. "We should retrieve them—"

"Only two," I correct him and then summon the Commandment of Truth in the palm of my hand. "I obtained Galand's Commandment after Ludociel's attack. Unfortunately, I have no clue where Monspeet and Derieri are at this moment. But I'm sure I can find the two of them after Elizabeth is done here. And then my sister can finally have the two Commandments I possess."

What the two high-ranked Demons don't know is that I had to destroy Galand's stone body in order to obtain the Commandment of Truth. There really was no other way to get it. But I would be lying if I said I felt bad for killing my former comrade.

"You had that this whole time?" Chandler yells, infuriated. "Lady (Y/n), I find this highly—"

"You find this what?" I say darkly. "Keep your opinions to yourself. And your voice is starting to irritate me, Chandler. I advise you to shut your mouth. Give me some space, both of you."

Cusack reluctantly takes a step back while Chandler grudgingly does the same, grumbling.

"Here," I whisper to no one in particular as I raise my palm, offering the Commandment of Truth.

The Commandment immediately enters the cocoon, brightening slightly before dimming again.

"There," I say simply and cross my arms. "Elizabeth will absorb that Commandment as well."