ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

━━ 🌹 ━━

━━ 🌹 ━━

"ᴘʀᴏᴍɪꜱᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ɪɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴏᴜꜱᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀɪᴇꜱ."

ᴘᴀɴɪᴄ! ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪꜱᴄᴏ

━━ 🌹 ━━

"You can't be serious, my Princess!" my teacher wails in horror as my dark magic surrounds me.

"I'm afraid I am, Cusack," I say with a heavy sigh and start taking off my outfit that was ruined by my spilt blood. "The youngest son of the Supreme Deity is our trump card as of this moment."

In order to appease the high-ranked Demon, I had lied to him about why Zeldris is truly here in the Kingdom of Camelot. Of course, this was the only option I had. If I had told him the truth, he would have killed Zeldris immediately. So right now, my teacher believes Zeldris is a prisoner.

"And I see that he has regained his memories," Cusack says very slowly, his ebony eyes shining with great irritation, and then scowls at my lover who returns the gesture. "Oh, you little—"

"Indeed, he has," I confirm as I swiftly put on my armour. "This means that the eldest son of the Supreme Deity has also regained his memories. Now that this has happened, I'm certain that my elder sister will feel like she's been driven into a corner and thus forced to face us soon."

"I understand this," Cusack says as I wave away my dark magic. "Princess (Y/n), no matter what happens I will put my own life on the line in order to protect you. Consequences be damned."

"I know," I say, sighing again. "You've been saying this ever since you first started training me."

And it seems the Napping Reaper won't ever stop till the day either of us dies. How tiresome.

"Allow me, my lady," I hear Lenora speak softly and I shift my head to see that she has both of her hands raised in front of her, her palms facing the gloomy skies. "I will clean that outfit for you."

"Thank you, Lenora," I say gratefully and pass over my outfit to her. "I appreciate it. Also, I think we will occupy that tower in the south wing if you don't mind. We'll wait there for Chandler."

"Of course, my lady," my maid murmurs and then bows her head before she leaves quietly.

"Walk with me," I whisper to the cursed Goddess as I gently brush by him and head back inside.

I need to make sure that Zeldris is always right by my side while Cusack is here. I know that my teacher would never disobey or defy me but I can't take any risks right now. Especially not now.

"I must say, I'm disappointed," I hear Cusack suddenly say from behind me so I raise an eyebrow.

"About what?" I question, subtly glancing over at Zeldris to see him staring at the stone floor.