ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜰᴏᴜʀ

━━ 🌹 ━━

━━ 🌹 ━━

"ɪ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀꜱ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ᴛʜᴏᴜꜱᴀɴᴅ ʟɪᴠᴇꜱ."

ʟɪᴀᴍ ᴘᴀʏɴᴇ & ʀɪᴛᴀ ᴏʀᴀ

━━ 🌹 ━━

"What?" I breathe as everything around me starts to darken. "What the hell did you just say?"

"The Oracle of Chaos was reborn as the only child of the Vampire King over 3,000 years ago," the Priestess of Chaos repeats quietly. "If you will allow me, Princess (Y/n) and everyone else, I will explain everything; including how the Daughter of Belialuin is tied to all of this."

"Then do it," the youngest son of the Supreme Deity says firmly. "Explain everything right now."

"Long ago, here in Britannia," the Lady of the Lake begins as my whole body shakes terribly, my hands curled into fists, "there existed a capital where the superior wisemen of humanity lived called Belialuin. There under the pretext of research in the ultimate magic but really to service weapons against the higher rankings of Demons and Goddesses. Human children who possessed an aptitude for magic were experimented on as test subjects. Among them, a child was born with the strongest and most unique magic; that child was Merlin."

Biting my lip, I keep my gaze focused on the blue lake as Zeldris gently reaches out for my hand.

"From birth, she was a prodigy with talent and wit who far surpassed the wisemen of the capital," the Priestess of Chaos goes on, completely unaware of my growing wrath. "But inside, she was nothing more than a child hungering for the love of a parent. All her father, the leader of the wisemen, gave her was reading material and tests. Sick of it all, she upped and ran away one day. The one that saved her from the life of a runaway was a young boy, Meliodas of the Goddess race. When the eldest son of the Supreme Deity gently put out his hand to offer help, Merlin's heart was filled; filled with a love she had never known."

I grit my teeth, refusing to look at either of my older sisters or my lover who squeezes my hand.

"Every time she saw him," the Lady of the Lake murmurs softly, "that feeling deepened and with time transformed into something special. No matter how much time passed, Meliodas never developed romantic feelings for her. Merlin worried, thought, and then decided. She abandoned her form as a little girl and recreated herself as an adult woman, then stopped the time that coursed through her all in the hopes that she could win over Meliodas's heart forever. But that hope was taken away in an instant by Elizabeth of the Demon race."

Lips parting slightly, my eyes widen slowly when I finally realise where all of this is going. But I try my best to not look over at the Boar Sin of Gluttony in order to spare her feelings right now.