"Can we please go get food?" I ask Alana as I follow her to her car. The two of us drove together while our other two roommates both drove their own cars because they had to head to work right after practice.

"Yeah what do you want?" Alana asks as she unlocks her car.

"Ooo let's go home and grab swimsuits, then get Sweet Green and go lay out at the beach!" I suggest. It's so nice out and it's technically still summer.

"Oh hell yes!" Alana nods.

"Kenzie!" It's Ellie's voice somewhere behind me.

I turn to look over at her and Summer.

Oh fuck. I was hoping to avoid them. I know they're going to ask me about the night at the bar.

"Can we talk?" Summer asks with a very soft, pleading look on her face.

Alana looks over at me as we both come to a stop at the trunk of her car, "You have to talk to them."

Two days after that night at the bar I told Sam and Alana everything. They tried to get me to tell them the day after but I spent all day curled into a ball in bed.

"I know," I sigh, "I'll meet you in the car."

Alana turns and gets into her car while I walk across the parking lot to Summer and Ellie.

"Good first practice, Captain and Captain," I jokingly salute them both to try and lighten the mood. Summer and Ellie both laugh.

"Thank you! Your leaps have gotten so high!" Summer smiles.

"Thank you!" I blush, leaps and turns were a big focus of my summer training so it means a lot that someone noticed.

"We uhm," Ellie starts like she's not sure how to ask.

So Summer just straight out asks, "What the hell happened at the bar, girl?" 

"I'm sorry," I sigh but I mean it. I respect and really like both of them, I didn't mean to do anything to make them think I don't. But I did so now it's time to do some clean up.

"Uhm so I wasn't totally honest with you guys," I cross my arms over my chest and glance at the scar on my leg but I lift my head again, "Logan and I kinda did date back in high school. It didn't end well, uhm you know how I said my scar is from a car accident?"

They both nod, listening intently.

"Uhm," I can't believe I'm telling them this, "The car accidentally happened my junior prom night, after I found out Logan had been cheating on me and that some girl thought she was pregnant with his kid."

"Excuse me?" Summer's eyes go wide.

"Woah," Ellie looks like she just saw a ghost.

"The kid wasn't his, I know that doesn't justify anything but basically he and I have a really really weird past," I take a breath, "And talking about a time when he made me so happy mixed with the alcohol, it just all became too much to handle at once, I panicked."

Neither of the girls seem to know what to say so I say one more thing.

"I'm sorry I just left and didn't reach out, it's been a crazy couple of weeks."

"It's okay," Ellie smiles before glancing at Summer who nods. "We just wanted to check in on you. Logan wouldn't tell us anything!"

"We wanted to make sure you were okay, I totally understand getting overwhelmed," Summer smiles softly, "If you ever need to talk or wanna go out to quiet the thoughts we're only a call away."

"We could even do a movie night!" Ellie adds.

"Thank you," I smile at them, "And again I'm sorry."

"Don't be!" They both say.

"Go enjoy the rest of your day!" Summer smiles waving me off. I chuckle and start backing up.

"Thank you," I smile at them both, blowing them kisses as I head to Alana's car.

"So?" Alana asks as soon as I open the car door, "How'd it go?"

"Good," I say as climb into the seat, "Like nothing even happened."

"Told you they'd understand!"