Help From A Friend

"M'gann told you, huh?" He asked her as a small smile appeared on his face. Deep down, he was happy to hear Artemis' voice.

"Kinda. But does that surprise you?"

"Honestly, I'm not that surprised she called you." He replied, his voice filled with the feeling his gave up.

"Okay, what's the problem?" She asked, noticing his tone.

"Well..." He sat on the edge of the building, "Harry's dying. An alien symbiote that was supposed to heal him and make him better was stolen by Black Cat. I have no leads as to who could have told her or who she sold it too. AND I'm having no better luck with stopping Kingpin than I did when you helped. No offense."

"Wow. Seems like you got quite the pickle. Got some even worse news for you."

"Oh what could it be now?" He asked, now just completely annoyed by his Parker Luck.

"Mr. Hart... He was found dead this morning..."

"WHAT??" He questioned. "How???"

"Suicide. Overdose of the wrong thing apparently. Funny thing is, he never had any history of drugs ever."

"And nobody is questioning that?"

"Nobody can do anything about it. But we do know one thing."

"What is that?"

"I saw the autopsy report and photos of the body. he had signs of strangling. It's obvious it was a murder. Did some digging-"

"In the past..." he checked the time on his phone, "24 hours you already did all that?"

"I'm faster than you think. What can I say? But it seems MULTIPLE doctors had a hand in changing the cause of death. So that means-"

"He has people on the inside." He finished.

"Yep. If he has doctors and managed to hide all his crimes from tracing back to him and all that, who knows who he might have on the inside. NYPD. Hospitals. Fire Departments. Who knows."

"Well it really seems like you're giving me more bad news and making my situation worse."

"Sadly yes. But I called to help. I have connections. You need help. I can help. So give it to me."

Peter let out a huff with a slight smile, "Well... If you could help me track down whoever it was that let out the information about Oscorp having a symbiote, that would be useful."

"Hmm... Well who knows about the symbiotes?"

"Well, there is me and Harry, The only other person I told was M'gann and she swore she didn't tell anybody. And I believe her. It's obviously not Harry-"

"Why not?"

"Because why would he have let out information about the only thing that could save his life? He wouldn't risk it. And... there's the scientists I guess."

"Scientists?"

"Yeah. Harry had scientists working on the symbiotes."

"Could one of them have maybe told someone?"

"Possibly. I could hack into Oscorp's servers and find out who's working on them. But you think they'll spill?" He asked as his Spider Senses suddenly acted up. He spun his head down towards the street where he saw a car chase in the process.

"If you can't make them. I will. I'll be over in New York as soon as possible."

"Meet me outside of Oscorp. Bring something formal while you're at it." he said as he began to perch to prepare to jump.

"What? Why?"

"You'll find out when you're there. Gotta swing. See you then." He hung up before he stashed his phone back into his bag and webbed his bag against a wall. He then leaped off the building and swung towards the crime.

He activated his police comms radio as he swung after the fleeing vehicle, which was driving away from a police car. "Officer Davis following the suspect! They have a hostage! He's in my sights, but I can't keep up with 'em for long. Send back-up!" Spider-Man suddenly swung past Officer Davis' car, which he immediately noticed. He froze as the 2 people exchanged as quick glance as if it was slow motion. Officer Davis was a black man in average officer clothing. Reality suddenly came back and Spider-Man landed on top of the fleeing car. The officer brought the radio back to his mouth, "Spider-Man's here... Help not exactly the most needed anymore."

A man peered from out the window and began trying to fire at the hero, but Spider-Man webbed his hand and pulled him out of the car before throwing him at a traffic light, causing him to hang down from a web attached to his hand. Spider-Man punched into roof of the car before he tore it open. In the back he saw... a little African American child.

The child looked up and Spider-Man froze. He quickly then realized there was a man holding onto the child tightly. The man aimed the gun at Spider-Man while he was distracted and fired. Spider-Man quickly fell back and almost off the car. Spider-Man then made his way to the back of the car and punched into the back window. The man holding the child looked back in surprise. He quickly aimed the gun at the child's head, but Spider-Man was quicker. He shot a web and the gun and pulled it away. He then webbed the man and pulled him out from the window before throwing him out onto the sidewalk, but not without being stuck to the ground now.

There was one man left. The driver. The driver, realizing it was just him, set something onto the driving pedal and jumped out of the car. Spider-Man looked ahead and saw they were about to hit into incoming traffic.

He could just leap onto the hood of the car and stop it from there. But the kid would be harmed. And the car would still be moving forward. He Jumped onto the side of the car and ripped the door open. He webbed the boy towards him and jumped away from the car. But just before it hit into a bus of people and while he was still in the air with the boy, he webbed the back of the car and pulled up. The car flipped over and skidded across the ground towards the bus, but slower. Spider-Man landed gracefully with the kid still in his arms as the car lightly bumped into the bus, not causing any damage to the bus.

Spider-Man stood up straight as he set the boy down. he crouched so he and the boy were eye-level, "You okay?" he asked.

"The child quickly shook his head, "Thank you, Spider-Man." he said and hugged the hero tightly.

Just then, Officer Davis showed up. The stopped the car and he rushed out towards the boy. the boy's eyes lit up when he saw the cop, "DAD!" he yelled.

The boy ran towards his dad and they embraced each other tightly, "Oh thank goodness you're okay!" he told him. Davis let the tears fall as he embraced his safe young boy. A smile appeared on Peter's face as he saw what was happening. Davis opened his eyes and looked at up Spider-Man, "...Thank you." he thanked.

He nodded his head in return. Davis set his son back down from his hug and began walking to the hero. The 2 stood in front of each other before Davis extended his hand for Spider-Man to shake. Spider-Man looked down at the hand before he shook it. David brought his other hand and shook Spider-Man hand with both of them, "Truly. Thank you for saving my son."

"It's no problem. Truly." He replied. Davis stepped away, "You got everything handled here right?" Spider-Man asked, to which Davis nodded and began walking back to his son, who began walking towards Spider-Man. Spider-Man prepared to swing away, but the child quickly said something, "Someday. I'm gonna be like you!" he said.

Spider-Man laughed. He looked back at the child, "I believe you." he said with a smile. Even though the child couldn't see it. He knew it was there.

Spider-Man then leaped and swung away with the child staring in awe. Davis sat his hand on his son's shoulder, "Come on, Miles. Gotta get you home soon or your mother's gonna kill me for this."