"She was crying." My voice is close to a whisper when I speak.

"You made her cry?" Angelo stalked over to me grabbing me by the collar of my shirt.

"No." I push him off of me more forcefully than I intend but I'm not upset with him. Annoyed that he would think so lowly of me but no anger for his actions. Honestly I'm happy he came to Lennox's defense so quickly. She truly is one of our own. From where I'm standing very few people had her back the way that they should.

"Who is the motherfucker that came after her?" Angelo asks the same question I've been wondering since she ran into my arms? Sitting here under the weight of the question makes it hard to breathe. I don't want to think about this. I can't.

"There's only one way to find out the answer to that question." I sigh knowing my brothers knew exactly what I meant. Angelo had forgiven me once but I don't think he actually thought it would go this far. I know I didn't. If I did I would've checked long ago preventing any more danger from lurking her way.

Zaviano ponders the implications the same way I do. I can see the lines in his forehead creasing while considering what would happen. There are so many ways this could play out but they all end with her hating me and finding out the truth. Maybe that's one of the reasons I delayed in making this decision because I would have to be honest. Not just about my lifestyle but my parents too. The one thing I hated just as much as I hated Lennox's suffering is my past, my parents. The only good thing that ever came from thinking about them is memories of my mother.

"Fabian no." Angelo steps away from me like I have some sort of disease. I knew he wouldn't agree to this. He and Lennox are very close; they have such a good relationship. I still needed him to do this for me. I'm on the brink of full blown insanity at seeing her pain. He doesn't want to betray her trust but there's no other options and time is running out. "You don't know what you're doing."

"Angelo. Please?" My voice sounds weak asking him the question. I can't fight with him on this but I needed to help her.

"We flagged-"

"No. We're not skipping over this. You wanted to discuss it, let's discuss it."

"I'm not doing it!"

"Yes you are."

"She will hate-"

"I know she will but it's worth it if it makes her problems go away. You didn't see the look of agony on her face Angelo. I rather her hate me and be worry free for the rest of her life over what she's becoming now."

"That's the problem, she won't just hate you." He takes a step back knocking into the fireplace. The picture frame of our mother falls. What am I doing? "You're selfish."

"Don't you fucking dare say that." Anger takes over and if he weren't holding the frame with our mother in it I might punch him. "If I were selfish I would watch her suffer in silence just to keep her to myself. I don't expect you to understand." Zaviano walks over to Angelo talking in a hushed tone. A few minutes later Angelo storms off after putting the frame back probably to get his keys and find his woman for the night.

"It's weird. Usually you're the mediator." Zaviano leans against the fireplace. "Be patient with him, Fabian. He'll do it." I nod my head having no words that weren't bitter. It's better to say nothing at all.

"Did you guys find anything tonight?" Zaviano updates me on the progress they have made. There was only one client who they red flagged. Apparently one of the clients did not match up with the information provided. It may be nothing or everything.

"How was everything else at dinner? Besides Lennox crying?" A slight frown sits on his face at the mention of her tears. I feel the same way.

"Good. Better than that. Her father was easy to talk to and Lennox served me." I laugh at her bringing me wine all but throwing it in my lap. "It felt right."