"She knew..Selena..she knew working in my house.. Is also the same thing as signing a death contract.. And has a worker in this house..she was suppose to protect you by all means" He said softly..

And I became quiet..

Of course..working in his house is a death contract..

Like being his wife..

"If your workers aren't even safe..the word safe should be wiped out of my dictionary..shouldn't it?" I said softly..

"Selena..that's why the Mafia world is very..extremely dangerous..and as my wife..you have danger looming on your head.."

"So..I can't join the Mafia?" I asked..

"Hell! Selena..of course not..I can't let anything happen to you..I will always protect you" he said.. As he held my cheeks..

Fuck..I missed him

"You weren't there yesterday.. There was no one to protect us..protect me..you can't be always there Adonis" I said..stating the obvious

And he knew I was right..

"Besides you have to let me join..I must avenge Mona" I said..a determined look crossing my features..

"Avenge Mona?..don't be absurd Selena" he said..

"Absurd?..Mona wasn't just a maid..she was my friend Adonis..and whether you like it or not..I will avenge her" I said sternly..

"I will help you Selena..but you just can't join the Mafia"

"No..I have to do it myself Machavelli..I swore to God..I was going to kill Borys.." I said.. Dead serious..

"You want to kill?..no..No selena..I can't let you become a murderer.. I am one..but I can't taint you innocent soul" he said firmly..

I stood up from the bed..

Then chuckled dryly.. "Innocent?..the day you married me..in that chapel here in Italy..when i became your wife..Adonis Machavelli..I lost all innocence there is" I said..my face void of any emotions..

He was stunned..

He stood up also..and held my arms..

"What the fuck is wrong with you Selena?" He asked..

"Nothing actually..after all I'm a Mafia boss's wife.. Your wife" I said sternly..

"Se.." He started but was cut short by ivy..who came bursting into the room..

She stopped..she was dressed in all black..Adonis too..but I didn't really notice..cause that's what he wears on a normal day..

"I'm sorry..did I interrupt anything?" She asked..

Adonis released me.."No ivy" he said glancing at me..indicating.. That the conversation wasn't over..

Then he left the room..

"Selena.." She said jumping into my arms..I hugged her tightly..

"She is gone..Mona"she sobbed..

"Hmm.." I muttered..she drew back..

"I know..you will try to blame yourself..but it's not your fault Selena..okay?"

"Okay.." I said softly..

She sniffled.."you should freshen up..they are waiting downstairs..the funeral will soon commence..yeah..we don't waste time in the Mafia"

"Oh okay..Mona does deserve a good funeral" I said..the tears welling up again..