Chapter 6: Who are they? and what potential!

"AAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!" Tom shouted as a huge log was placed on his shoulder and he almost fell backwards. He had to push himself and Lans forward so that they wouldn't fall. Then Tom turned to Hillary who had dragged the big log on his own this morning. "Why the hell do we have to do this again?" Tom questioned through clenched teeth. Hillary stepped forward and turned around, arms behind his back as he watched the five young soldiers lift and drop a heavy log. "Simple, it's a punishment for sneaking out while I was gone, and for not thinking of the possible danger! also taking one of the jeeps' ' Hillary whispered the last part, while he continued glaring at the five who in return didn't even spare him a glance. A laugh could be heard from behind their colonel,

William.

The oldest of the soon to be second in command, had been laughing at the five all morning. "Oi shush it brat! or else ya will be joining em!" Shouted Hillary and William quickly scrambled with his bag and hurried away to training while still laughing. Hillary only shook his head in disappointment.

for you two medics, but the rest should be fine" Hillary said dismissively waving his hand. "Besides your lucky im not making you have two logs, otherwise your noodle legs would break" Hillary said as he looked to the side-

"Now you five continue doing that, while I make sure the other good for nothing soldiers are doing their training"

Hillary said as he walked off.

"This isn't that bad!" Kevin said. "That's because you're barely lifting it!" said Flin while barely holding in his breath. Tom and Lans shared a glance and nodded, as both lifted the log and tilted it towards Kevin, making him have all the pressure. "HEY- Quit it-!" Gene barked behind Kevin as he was caught in the crossfire of having to hold up the now much heavier log. "Are you two listening?? I'm gonna drop it!" Gene barked again. This made Tom and Lans finally lower the log as everyone had now again the equal amount on their shoulders. "Jackasses" Kevin whispered underneath his breath but got a push from Gene. "Don't you dare start". And so they stood there with a log and waited til their punishment was over. But it was so worth it.

"Hey guys?" Flin of all people started and all four turned to him. "Hmm?" "Who are those guys?" He asked as he pointed with his free hand over to a group of soldiers. "Oh yeah, you're right," Tom said, raising an eyebrow. "I don't remember those guys," Tom added as he stared. "Recruits maybe? but I didn't hear about that, we'll probably find out later in the dining tent" Gene said. "Yeah you right" Kevin said. "My shoulder hurttssss" Flin whined. "Shut up!" All of them yelled, it hadn't been the first time the young medic said that.

===========

"OOFHG!" Tom let out when he hit the ground, another training session with Hillary. Unfortunately he was accompanied with his left shoulder burning this time after the log punishment he had earlier. Tom rolled over to his side while Hillary came over and tried to pull him up to continue training the young soldier. Honestly, Hillary had to ask himself every day how Tom had made it this far without dying, must be some bullshit luck. While Tom had to remind himself to keep his strength in control and not show Hillary that he was more than he seemed. "Come on, son, up you go" Hillary said as he tried pulling Tom up once again, Tom only growling at him in return. "Oh stop it, you're not an animal" Hillary said as he patted Toms back and backed away for another fight. "And why are you so sure about that? are we all-" "Don't bring up that evolutionary bullcrap while I'm trying to teach you how to fight" Hillary said deadpanned while Tom let out a cackle. Then they began again, "Well what ya waiting for? a invitation?" Hillary teased but Tom remained still, there's no way in hell Tom will charge at him again. Tom knows he's better at dodging and attacking from behind, but he never really mastered the skill to take the first move.