2. Jack

"Ready for the speech?"

"I don't prepare anything! Nico is assigned to that and not me." I answered Ty who is seating next to me waiting for the whole program to start.

"I haven't prepared anything. Nobody told me I'll have a speech tonight." Nico, our team captain who is seating across from us respond.

The New Jersey Devils is having a party to welcome the new owner of the organization. Mister Zig Underwood, also known as Mr. Z. Honestly, he's a really cool guy and very down to earth. Like nobody in the organization felt scared or something around him because he is such a normal guy despite of his wealth.

I have met him twice eversince it was announced that he bought the organization, had a little chitchat with him and I can really see how he loves the game and ready to do anything for the organization and to us players inorder for us to succeed. We're very lucky to have him as a boss.

Speaking of the devil, Mr. Z went to us and said his hello. We payed him respect by rosing to our feet and shake his hands. Nico and Mr. Z are having a great time chatting when suddenly a girl wearing a maroon dress that have cuts on her back flashing her skin approached Mr. Z.

I adjusted my tie because this woman in front of me is stunningly gorgeous! I wonder who she is.

"Oh! Honey, you're here." Mr. Z said.

"I'll surely cut my balls off if that is Mr. Z's girlfriend or something." Ty secretly whispered to me.

I snorted silently. Oh I hope she is not!

"Everyone! This is my only daughter Ash." Mr. Z announced which earns me and Ty a huge relief.

She just waved and painted a quick smile, right before excusing herself to go seat on the chair assigned to them which happens to be across from us. So I obviously have a great view admiring how gorgeous that woman is.

Damn! I don't believe in love at first sight but I guess it did happen. Jezz! Don't mind what I said, it was stupid.

After Mr. Z leaves everybody in my table let's out their relief, even the guys on the other table including those who are married releases their huge relief. Jezz! I was not the only one then who did appreciated how gorgeous Mr. Z's daughter was.

"She's really pretty." Nico commented.

"That's it?" I disagreed. "That's the only word you'll describe her? Capt, she is way more than that!"

Everybody laughs.

"Does that mean you have an instant huge crush on her now?" Thomas Tatar asks and sips on his glass of wine waiting to make fun of me.

I just shrugged smiling, not saying any word but I know they got the message. Which earns some noise on our table.

"Attaboy!" Ty says slapping my chest.

"Way the confidence bro, way the confidence!" Nico says.

After the little program is done, everybody decided to enjoy their dinner and hangout with the people in the organization. I'm not gonna lie the whole time I was seating down the only thing that I was doing is look over at Ash who looks like she is not totally enjoying the whole party.

I mean, that is what I feel. Or maybe she just happens to have a natural resting bitch face or whatever.

Like seriously, the whole time the only moment where I saw her eyes lit up is when her dad delivered a speech on the stage. And she flashes a quick smile when Mr. Z mentions her.

"She might melt on that Jack!" Ty says.

"Shut up!" I said.

"Seriously, if you want to talk to her go make a move."

"Chill!" I said. "I'm trying to look for a great timing! She's clearly seating next to Mr. Z!"

"So?"

"Discouraging the new owner is the last thing I wanted to do."

"I did not say you'll go hit on her right away, dumbass!" Ty says. "All I'm saying is just to go introduce yourself."

"Relax! I'll do it once the timing is right." I replied. I'm not living this party without introducing myself to her and chat with her.

That's the goal for tonight!