chapter forty-nine

five weeks later

"Arms up."

I sunk my teeth into my bottom lip at the feeling of his rough hands against my bare skin, the warmth of his large palms splaying across my ribs and dragging tauntingly slow up to my breasts.

I sucked in a sharp breath as his fingertips trailed across the lace of my bra, his thumbs not-so-accidentally brushing over my hardened nipples as he removed his shirt from my body.

He met my dazed eyes and smirked, dragging his tongue over his lip at the contact. Despite my topless attire, I still managed to feel myself heat up incredibly quickly, a pink shade adorning my chest and making my heart race twice as fast.

When Arlo told me we were heading out somewhere on his bike, I didn't think such things would require him dressing me. But I certainly was not complaining.

Out of my sleepwear and standing in nothing but a pair of black fitted jeans and a white bra, I felt myself becoming increasingly distracted from what it was we were getting ready for.

A black long-sleeved shirt was pulled over my body, the stiff fabric stretching over my chest and cinching in my waist. I watched with a small smile as Arlo proceeded to grab the leather jacket he had bought me, the focused dimple beside his eyebrow appearing as he pulled the sleeve out of itself and opened it up for me to put my arms through.

Putting it on my body, he zipped it up and took his time in making sure each of the straps were tight enough and that all of the hard, protective sections were in the right places.

The focused look on his face vanished when he met my stare. A knee-buckling smile of satisfaction graced his features and allowed me to see the deep smile lines in his cheeks.

"You look so fucking hot, baby." The gruff voice declared lowly.

I blushed and smiled as I rose onto the very tips of my toes to fist his matching leather jacket. He bent down to lessen the distance between us, but waited for me to make the first move.

I wasted no time in pressing my lips to his, vanishing each and every molecule of air that separated us. His hands soon found the curve of my waist and his dominance overpowered mine just as quickly as I knew it would.

The thick fingers gripped onto my waist over the black leather, tightening when a soft moan slipped past my lips and landed onto his. He responded with a deep groan of satisfaction, his hands venturing down to the back of my thighs and hoisting me up into the air.

Our mouths never broke apart as he did. My back met the wall of his bedroom as he pressed me against it, and my legs quickly found their place around his waist.

I tugged at the soft strands at the height of his neck and the base of his head, knowing it was his weak spot. A ragged breath left his nose and he pushed himself even further between my parted thighs, making me feeling what exactly it was that the contact did to him.

It was fifteen minutes later when we parted for air. I knew that, because of the old grandfather clock in the living room which chimed every fifteen minutes. His lips left mine, but not without several more smaller kisses.

He groaned, the gravelly sound sending a shiver straight down my spine. "Fuck, when we get back you are not leaving this room for a whole week."

I faked annoyance with an eye roll, but a bright smile and a raging blush still remained on my face. He kissed my dimples and my forehead and the tip of my nose before tapping my ass and telling me to hop down.

He took my hand and walked behind me out into the hall and through to the living room. I admired the large mountain of presents that took centre stage in the corner of the room, the whole house decorated in celebration of my birthday.