Lost in the woods

"Legend says if you could listen carefully you could hear his howl."

"Oh come on Roman. That's a myth. We all know that." I rolled my eyes after listening to Roman's campfire story.

My cousins and I decided to go out and do camping. Our parents of course we're against it but we're teenagers, we'll learn as we go.

"I don't know about that but I'm kinda scared." Catherine, our youngest cousin stated.

"Roman, you're even scaring Kathy. And she's only sixteen."

"She wanted a scary campfire story so I gave her a scary campfire story." Roman is the oldest one of all of us. He is two years older than me.

"I'm going to pee." I stood up heading towards the bushes.

"Be careful. The mighty wolf is still out there!" I laughed at Tracy's comment. Sometimes I think Tracy is not human. She guesses your thoughts and runs like there's no tomorrow.

She's the same age as me and I'm not athletic like her.

"Whatever."

I really wish I was at the comfort of my own little cozy home instead of peeing in the bushes. Mom made sure I got everything I wanted even though I know she's sacrificing a lot.

Dad... Well, I believe he will come back to us and we could live like a happy family. Just like we did before.

I got lost in my own thoughts I even went off trail. Okay this is not good.

Flip! I forgot my phone in my tent.

I went back to where I was but I got lost. I heard some cracking noise and shuffling.

What if it's the wolf Romano was talking about? Okay Kylie. Now it's not the time to think about a myth.

I picked up a large branch and held it firmly. I will knock someone's head. Or something's head.

The cracking sound came closer. I held the big branch like a baseball bat and swung it.

"Ouch! Are you crazy?"

"Oh my... I'm sorry." Nice one Kylie. Now I'll be in real trouble.

"Oh. Andrew. I'm sorry, I thought you were a wolf." I breathed the sigh of relief.

Andrew was handsome. He had jet black hair and a body that screamed 'Greek god'. He was muscular but not the big muscular kind.

His tan skin glowing under the moonlight. And his eyes. I can get lost in them. They were greenish blue. I don't know if that a thing.

"You have got to be kidding me." He said frustratedly rubbing his hands across his face snapping me out of my thoughts. I couldn't take my eyes off him.

Even if he's a jerk back at school, he's still handsome. We don't get along that well. That's because he doesn't know you exist.

"I can't have a mate like you. You have got to be kidding me." What is he talking about. He thinks I want to be his friend?

"Listen here. I don't care about being friends with you okay? I just wanna go back to my campsite." I pointed at him.

Who does he think he is? Who wants to be friends with this jerk? Lots of people back at school.

"Idiot."
I mumbled under my breath.

"Excuse me?"

"Nothing. Look, I have to go back to my campsite. I have no time for this." I sighed dropping the big branch.

"You gonna need that branch. The big bad wolf is still out there."

"W-what?" I stuttered and he laughed. He freaking laughed at me. He does have a beautiful laugh.

"Come on. Let me walk you back to your campsite mate."

I giggled and walked close by him. Yeah you never know the chances of a hungry wolf in the woods.