-;- 22 -;-

With a tired yawn, Y/n turned around to cuddle themself back up to Hobie. Their hair was falling slightly over their face as they did and grumbled a bit around as well. 

"You feel better, luv?" Hobie whispered and stroked away the hair strands with his long fingers. Y/n was able to move again and that was at least a start, they wanted to say something but really talking.. They didn't feel like it all too much, so they nodded slowly and crawled a bit down to bury their face in Hobie's soft chest.

"Good.." He whispered. He already packed some stuff while they were sleeping, afterwards he laid back down and made sure to stay awake. He didn't need to sleep much anyway, his spider powers were handling all that.

Y/n's lips gently kissed his skin as they had their arms wrapped around him and Hobie kissing their hair. He needed them to be okay and they felt okay with him, they felt safe. They would trust him with their life and he knew that because he already proved that he can do that.

"We need to go.." Hobie mumbled against their scalp and sighed after. With a small nod, Y/n also sighed and turned back on their back and then sat up. They felt sick, obviously it was the drugs but at least they weren't throwing up. Rubbing their face, Hobie watched them carefully. His brown eyes were locked on them and he felt his heart warm up, making his body heat grow by each breath they both shared.

"I know.." Y/n whispered in a slow, raspy tone. Without any other word, they got up and grabbed some fresh clothes, clothes that were comfortable to go around with. Hobie noticed how they weren't complaining about the drugs.

"How often did that happen before?" Hobie asked suddenly, his thoughts questioning Y/n's entire life again. The way they were handling the drugs and not caring at all, made him suspicious and Y/n's only answer being a shoulder shrug made it not better.

"Y/n? How often have you been drugged like that?" He repeated his question more directly, Y/n turning to look at him now, their eyes tired and sad and Hobie knew it happened one time too much.

"Let's go." The arachnid sighed, not wanting to trigger them in any way. His steps to the closet were quiet and slow while Y/n put on a shirt and a hoodie together with some cargo that could carry enough. They took their wallet, a watch from Diego's room, their jacket and the gun they had in the secret box. Hobie side eyed their choice of taking the weapon didn't question it though.

He then took the bags and threw them over the shoulder, taking his guitar as well. Then the two left the gym with some waffles in their hands and some water bottles. 

☆☆☆

"Why didn't you fight them?" Y/n asked after they've been walking for quite a while. The day had started a few hours ago and the sun was glowing in front of them, growing into the sky slowly. The city wasn't sleeping, it was a bit fresh but it was okay. Y/n was fine with it and so was Hobie.

"You know what happened last time." Hobie mumbled back, not looking at them at all. They nodded slowly, understanding his worries.

"I forgave you." Y/n said back, also not wanting to turn their head to look at Hobie. A silence fell over the two, an uncomfortable one. There were subjects the two couldn't talk about, secrets they shared that shouldn't be shared like they do. Silent moments of grief and anger, too, they were scared to mention again. They both knew one day they had to talk about it, they had to say it, be honest with themself but was this day right now?

Y/n carefully reached towards his hand to take into theirs but he flinched away and shook his head quietly. Knowing Hobie wasn't good with these kinds of emotions, they didn't push him to say something or do more than moving their hand away again.