-;- 5 -;-

TW!!! - Transphobia, Blood

Breathing in sharply, Y/n kept pressing their hand on their broken ribs, turning their head around while not being able to say anything because of the pain. The two of them have been sitting here for almost half an hour, Y/n crying and gasping and Hobie overwhelmed with whatever was happening. He sighed again, carefully taking Y/n's chin between his fingers and turning her face towards him.

"Hey, tell me what happened. If you don't tell me, I won't be able to help you.." He whispered in a soft tone. While he stroked away a few hair short hair strands, he looked over Y/n's distorted face full of pain.

"What happened?" He repeated his question, he was sitting in front of her, trying to comfort her in some way but she didn't answer, didn't say anything. She wasn't able to say anything because of the pain and Hobie wanted to take away her pain so badly.

"Please.. Y/n.. Tell me what happened.." Tilting his head down, his thumb caressed her cheek and wiped away some tears.

"I just.. I just didn't know what.. else to do.." They whispered and then bent over in pain, two fingers of them pressing right between their broken ribs, groaning and still gasping for air, trying to breathe properly.

"It hurts!" They cried out. Hobie sighed again, worrying that it was probably more than just physical pain. There was something Y/n wasn't telling him and he knew it, and she knew he knew. He knew something was not right with her family, with her past, the times she didn't show up to school when she said she would or when she called to cancel their plans together because of a sudden fever.

He knew it was never just a sudden fever, he just couldn't figure out what it was. He couldn't figure out what was wrong with all those lies and excuses. His spider tingles were going crazy, something was wrong. Horribly wrong. He could hear slight bones cracking beneath Y/n's skin.

"Y/n.. Was it your brother? Did Raf hurt you? Did he beat you?" Now he didn't care how straight forward he was with his question, he needed to know what was going on so he could think of a way to help his best friend. And finally there was an answer, Y/n nodded slightly and gasped again.

"It hurts- Hobie! It hurts!" They cried and whined, both their hands wrapping around their own body. Spider-Boy started to shake his hands a bit, he was starting to panic and he didn't like that at all. He couldn't panic now. Not now.

"He hurt you? Y/n, calm down.. at least a bit, please.. you can't breathe like that!" Hobie hissed a bit angrily. He got his answer though, Raf beat them and probably not only today. Small memories appeared in his head. How often Y/n had dark, purple spots on their body, their arms and legs, always excusing it with her 'clumsiness', he believed her even though his spider tingles told him it was something else. And he was right. She didn't just trip or fall off her longboard, she was being abused.

Anger was building up in Hobie, he was angry at Raf but also angry at himself, he was angry because he didn't trust his instincts when he fucking should have. Maybe he could've prevented all this. Maybe he could've helped her earlier!

"Y/n, alright.. listen, we will take care of you, okay? I will take care of you!" He claimed and stroked over her hair while Y/n nodded slightly, whining.

"Can you move? Can you sit up? Come on, we have to look at how bad you're hurt.. Please.. come on.." Hobie gently placed his hands on her shoulders, sitting her up carefully. Then, he held his hand on her shoulder, so she would keep on sitting straight.

"Okay.. let's look, okay?" Nodding, to asure Y/n he will be careful, he pulled Y/n's legs down, so they would lay on the ground instead against their shoulder. He noticed the bleeding side, where the broken ribs must have come from. He tried to slide her shirt a little bit up, just a bit to take a look at the wound but Y/n grabbed his wrists, held his hand away and shook her head.