-;- 18 -;-

Talking takes a lot of time, especially with Hobie and Y/n, it wasn't only one hour, not two, not three. Five hours. They spent five hours sitting on the floor, walking around the gym, cooking, sitting back down while talking. Y/n explained once again the whole situation with them and the Hargreeves, they explained and went deeper with their expectations, answered Hobie's questions. Why would they just take a child in? Y/n answered by telling him their story, their lives, how they were treated and how they didn't want anyone else to feel like this, so they trained Y/n. They helped Y/n.

Hobie had listened closely, trying to make sense out of all this. He asked why Diego and them were so close, how could they be so close, closer than they were with the others. Y/n told him about how Diego once had a son, or thought it was his and since then.. Children were just kind of the people he took care of, even if he didn't notice it.

There were so many more questions, questions that Y/n finally answered about this situation and Hobie finally understood it. Finally knew why they were hiding here, why they didn't tell him until now. Y/n grew up in a family of narcissists, a family of abuse and hate and the Hargreeves felt like a family they could love, like a family they could fit in, being different. Sure, the Hargreeves were heroes, had super powers but Y/n had their own problems that maybe weren't the same yet.. so familiar, so similar to their own. In different yet the same ways. The Hargreeves made them feel like family, like they had finally found someone who would take care of them like brothers and sisters and not like a friend would do. Not like Hobie does.

Sure, Hobie was their home, home that could never stop being their home, a place they would find so much comfort, nobody could top that. Not even the Hargreeves.

They were yet the other side of the same coin. One side was Hobie Brown, the boy that saved them from themselves, saved them from their thoughts. He kept them steady, balanced, in place, connected to their own, special world the two built up years ago. The Hargreeves were like a stone, a stone that was deeply buried beneath them, so Y/n could always find them, so Y/n could find a place to feel safe from their blood relatives. A place that kept them away from harm of the world, from harm of their "family".

Two sides.. of the same coin.

But now those two sides were connected as well, now those two sides met, collapsed into each other and it turned out better than Y/n thought. They collapsed and connected instead of broke.

Hobie understood that, he nodded when Y/n explained that. He sighed, thinking he should've been in the Hargreeves position in the first place but then he remembered what they said before.

"You would've been worried, you've tried to be my soldier but I didn't need that from you.", so Hobie fought really hard with himself and tried really badly to understand and he did. He did because he understood them, he understood why and how and their feelings and thoughts. He did.

Now, the two were outside, the sky slowly turning darker, slowly turning into the night. Walking next to each other, Y/n bounced against Hobie and held their smile back, pretending like they didn't do anything. Hobie replied by pushing against them as well, smirking a bit. His tall figure was above Y/n, making them seem smaller than they actually were, it made them a bit angry but in a friendly way.

"Oi, so, since you're trained, wanna show me what you can do?" Hobie asked them, laying his arm over their shoulder while leaning against them as the two kept walking. Y/n shrugged.

"Sure, why not." With that Y/n tangled themself out of his arm and started running, first just a bit, sliding between the people. Hobie's eyes widened a bit, noticing how fast Y/n was out of his gaze, he quickly followed them though.