Chapter 3 (Him)

The morning sun spilled its gentle rays through the tall, arched windows of the manor, illuminating the opulent interior with a warm golden glow. The inner structure of the manor was a sight that stood as a testament to the elegance of the nineteenth century that exuded an air of grandeur and sophistication.

Every corner was adorned with intricate details and exquisite craftsmanship. The walls were festooned with ornate wallpaper, depicting delicate floral patterns in muted hues of gold and pink. The ceiling soared high above, embellished with intricate plasterwork. Crystal chandeliers that sparkled like stars hung proudly from it.

The grand entrance hall, with its marble floors and sweeping staircase, served as the heart of the manor. The morning light danced upon the polished surfaces, casting playful shadows across the room. The air was filled with a sense of tranquility and grace.

But suddenly, as if summoned from the depths of hell itself, an eerie silence fell upon the manor. A chilling breeze swept through the corridors, extinguishing light. The once bright and inviting space was now shrouded in an ominous darkness that seemed to materialize at the center of the manor.

The darkness, like a sinister entity, began to spread its tendrils, creeping along the walls and seeping into every crevice. It devoured the light, extinguishing the morning sun's rays as if they were mere flickering candles. The grandeur and elegance that once filled the manor were now overshadowed by an unsettling aura.

As the darkness advanced, the furniture that it enveloped began to decay. The polished wood warped and cracked, losing its luster. The once vibrant upholstery faded into a sickly gray, as if drained of life. The air grew heavy with the scent of decay.

Shadows danced with malicious intent, casting grotesque shapes upon the walls.

The interior of the grand manor, once a symbol of beauty and refinement, morphed into a chilling spectacle of decay and despair, as if the very soul of it was being consumed by an ancient malevolence.

It was a transformation that defied the laws of nature. The interior of the manor had become a haunting nightmare.

A mournful cry echoed. Then a man materialized at the bottom of the decaying staircase. He appeared to be in his late teens or early twenties. His dark coal eyes, devoid of warmth or humanity, pierced through the darkness. They held a coldness brought about by years of solitude.

His skin was smooth and pale as porcelain. He wore a white, long-sleeved shirt that clung to his slender frame, a stark contrast to his black trousers that exuded a mid-eighties style. His black hair cascaded below his shoulders, framing his face with an untamed elegance.

The man's facial expression was a twisted amalgamation of pain and anger. His brows furrowed, creating deep lines of frustration on his forehead. His lips were pressed into a thin line, conveying a sense of disappointment, yet there was a glimmer of excitement that coursed through him, visible in the intensity of his gaze as he fixated on the staircase before him.

With deliberate and measured steps, he began to ascend the worn-out stairs. His movements were fluid, yet there was a certain heaviness to his stride as if he carried the weight of his emotions with every step. His hand grazed the railing, fingers tracing the faded patterns etched into the wood, leaving his ghostly trail behind.

As he climbed higher, the air grew colder, its warmth swallowed by his icy presence.

With each step, his expression intensified, a mixture of pain and anger etched deeper into his features. The staircase was his ascent into the depths of his torment, a journey that promised both liberation and damnation.

As he ascended the final steps to the landing, a sudden chill ran down his spine, sending shivers cascading through his body. It was an unfamiliar sensation, one that had been absent from his senses for centuries. Odd, he thought to himself.