Chapter 69 - Mae Day

Start from the beginning

"Now mother, calm down. She is a baby," Lee said as Suri hid behind his back and let him plea on her behalf.

"She is a monster!" his mother screamed as I noticed my teeth were back.

Ha! My baby had stole her potion and brought it to me to break! Yes! Suck on that bitch!

"I will deal with her," Lee promised.

"No you won't. You will give into her just like you have since the day she was born! Did you know she created a portal to get here," she screamed glaring at the foot sticking out from the covers. "Get out here Suri Grayson and take your punishment."

"NO!!!! You spelled my mummy!" Suri yelled from below the covers. I tried not to giggle. "No one spells my mummy. I will rip them to pieces!"

I notice Lee trying to hide a smile.

"Fine you are all confined to this room and if your mother eats you, so be it! Don't come running to me when she gets hungry," his mother snapped and stormed out of the room slamming the door behind her.

Suri's head popped out from under the blanket and looked towards the door before looking at me and Lee like the cat that got the cream.

"What have you been told about terrorizing your nanny?" Lee said and tickled her to death.

She giggled her head off and loved the kisses and raspberries he blew in her neck.

"How can she spell?" I asked because they had taken her powers before.

"Because she is tricksey," Lee said as she hugged him to death. She had missed him terribly. "Plus if she senses danger or has to help someone in need she can use them."

"My mummy needed me," she said pulling me into the hug.

"I sure did," I said kissing both their cheeks.

"That is all very well but when your great grandmother sees you are missing there will be trouble," Lee said.

Suri pulled a face. "I'll need protection," she said and they both laughed at their own joke.

Suri was so cute, the way her head fell back laughing onto her fathers shoulder, her throat so soft and delicious. I could just tear her naughty little head off and drink her... I dove out of the bed and clasped a hand over my mouth.

Conrad! My mind yelled as Lee stared at me in concern.

Conrad appeared, looked from me to Suri and back to Lee. Who moved his daughter behind him. His eyes changed and in seconds he was a lion, his glare froze me to the spot as I watched his anger grow as he assessed me in his true form... lion, protector and I was the danger!

"Lee, she isn't going to hurt her. Suri has been up to no good so she is appetising..."

Lee roared and I knew he could rip me apart in seconds. Suri started crying.

Conrad's father appeared in the room with Lee's father. He looked at Suri crying and back to me.

"NO!" he said fixing me with a terrifying look which made me feel too weak to attack her even if I had wanted to. He knew the same as Conrad what I had thought and part of him felt sympathy for me and Suri crying in fear.

I tried to move forward to see Suri to reassure her I wouldn't hurt her but both Lee and his father sprung forward, his father phasing into a lion mid flight. This was not a warning... it was the end!

Conrad pushed me back. I felt myself falling through a portal as I watched Lee and Conrad fighting. Lee trying to get through to tear me apart, I felt it, the confidence of what was the right action and killing me was right for all concern. He didn't even hesitate. I was to die!

I fell further into the vast darkness and Conrad's mother appeared beside me. Whilst I was falling towards the ground she was gliding. She reached out her hand and pulled me to her as she grew in size and I held on.

"We must hide you or he will kill you," she said her emotions a mixture or protection, fear, anxiety and guilt. "His tracking knows no match."

As we hit the ground her feet were feather like, mine were like an amateur sky diver. Had I been totally human I would have broken both legs.

Uncle appeared beside us. His eyes flying about in the landscape.

"Wedding ring," he said taking my hand and pulling it off. He pulled back his arm and threw it into the red sky so fast it was like a bullet from a gun.

"Take her, hide her and I will signal when the situation is resolved," she said.

Uncle took my hand pulled me to him. "Tell Bowdie to watch the woods," he said.

"I will, stay safe," she said as both of them suddenly went deathly silent.

In the same instant I sensed the fear I felt the wind on my back, a roar, the snap of teeth as Uncle moved us through a portal. Lee! He had found us, he was hunting me.