˗ˏˋ─ ⁶𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒

Start from the beginning

"Whenever I get angry I can't control it, okay? I know it's not my fault because it's not me when I get angry." Mannie explains, "max isn't coming back by the way. she's already gone, and you will be too if you don't leave."

Before you could ask him what he meant by that he uses his fingers and snaps them— which makes you go back to reality.

You quickly sat up and clutched your chest, looking around for mannie but there was no sign of him.

──────────────

LATER THAT
            NIGHT . . .

You decided to bring Iris and abby with you, since max hasn't answered any of your calls and probably bailed on you and mike. "We will work, and the two of you will sleep, and under no circumstances are you two gonna come out of my office. [Y/n]'s gonna do the cleaning, so no excuses, do you two understand me?" Mike asks.

"We understand." Abby answers in reply as she smiles, Iris was too busy looking at the pizzeria. he was also so excited to see the animatronics, a huge smile plastered on his lips.

"This is not a vacation, okay? the two of you aren't here to have fun." Mike explains, Iris just nods, "okay." Iris replies.

You had made your way out of the car and opened the door for Iris and abby, he instantly grabbed your hand while jumping up and down excitedly while eagerly running towards the pizzeria.

You had to catch yourself before you could fall. "Whoa, slow down, slow down, slow down. calm down Iris!" you say as he continues jumping up and down excitedly.

"No, no, no. look!" Iris exclaims while pointing to the large sign, you only sighed as you followed both abby and Iris.

You reached forward and opened the front door, when you walked inside the first thing you felt was glass crunching underneath your shoe. Iris eyebrows furrow as he sees the half derelict place.

"Whoa." Abby says next to you, "what happened?"

Iris sees something in the shadows, a tall figure watching him and just him only. he went to grab your attention but when he looked towards the shadows again— the figure was gone.

"Alright you two, let's go." You say while extending both your hands to Abby and Iris, the two of them interlock their fingers with yours.

You carefully guide them around the glass, "careful, careful." you whisper to them as you continue walking.

──────────────

"Got everything?" You asked Iris as he holds his notebook close to him. "I just wanna make sure. am I being too nosy or anything? I–" before you could finish Iris cut you off.

"I'm ok." Iris answers and gives you a small hug before closing the 'curtain' to his fort. you watch as he turns the light off, a saddened look crosses your features.

In the distance stood the same figure that was watching Iris before, their eyes twitching and hands balling into fists.

You could somehow feel the presence but didn't say anything about it. standing up you checked the time, not too late but it was late enough.

Once you make your way out the room, the same shadow from before pokes its head inside the room mannie was in.

The sound of their converse squeaking against the floor echoing, Iris notices the shadow and feels a shiver run down his spine.

As the shadow comes closer and closer— at first nothing happens. until..the 'curtain' to his fort is pulled back, Iris cowers in fear as he covers himself.

"It's okay, don't be afraid." The voice says in a soft whisper. "I'm mannie, and you? I already know who you are, Iris."

Iris opens his eyes, slowly blinking when he sees who the person is. mannie? why'd that name sound so familiar?

Mannie stands there as he watches Iris look at him with curiosity. "Name doesn't click yet huh? I'm your brother." oh, so that's why his name was so familiar.

Iris smiles a bit, "h-how am I seeing you? did I like– die or something? are you a ghost?"

Mannie's eyes widened a bit. "I am a ghost, as a matter of fact. I'm just..trying to find out the person who killed me, y'know? and I will find out too, with your help. you could be a great help!" he didn't know what was wrong, mannie didn't feel like himself.

"Help you? why?" Iris questions with a raised eyebrow as he leaned forward, his knees pressed against his chest. "Aren't you in a good place? a better place?"

Mannie's mood shifts quickly. "Mm, not yet. I can't move on without finding out what happened. that's why I can use you to find out what happened."

Iris seemed a little reluctant. "Um, I don't know if I can. like [Y/n] said, I can't be wandering around in a place like this cause I could get lost easily and–"

In a blur mannie got too close for comfort, Iris flinches as he sees mannie eyes gaze down at him, just staring as his smile fades. "You wanna find out who killed me too, right? oh no, let me guess, it's just me. like it's always beenjust me."

Iris notices the change in mannie's voice as he sees his fingers start rearranging themselves, most likely their bones really. "Help me, is all I'm asking." Mannie whispers.

"I can't-"

"and why not?"

Iris could feel the atmosphere grow colder as he saw mannie staring down at him, his eyes dilated as he slowly stood up. the black and white striped shirt mannie wore grows darker, his (h/c) growing pitch black again.

"Be-Because, I could get harmed in the process. so-" Iris was cut off by mannie.

"I̷̝͝͝s̶̼̪̉̍ ̶̦̐̕t̶̨͛͊ḧ̶̡́͗a̷̛̝t̶̥̲̍͝ ̷̠̫͒͌ẅ̸͚̘́h̶͎͚̃̀ẵ̵͖t̵̢͊̀ ̵͈̄y̶̬̼̌́ọ̵̥̊͝ü̶̼ ̶̨͐̄r̸̠͉̒͊e̵̮̻͂͝ḁ̷̘́l̴̮̉̚l̶̯͓̚y̵̢̩̅͛ ̸̪̌͝t̸̪͇̊͗ȟ̶̹̱ị̵͈́n̷̝̍k̷̜̜͗?" Mannie questions with the tilt of his head, "mm, you're smart. I'll leave you be, for now."

Iris watches as mannie turns around and makes his way towards the door, he takes one more glance towards Iris before slamming the door shut.

.

.

.

END OF CHAPTER SIX