I knocked three times, hoping someone would hear, but there was no response. It was late, around 11 pm, and it seemed like they were already asleep. Without any reaction, I resigned to the idea of sleeping on the floor since I couldn't bear the thought of traveling back.

Just as I settled down to rest, contemplating my makeshift bed, a door creaked open, and Rhea's face appeared.

I immediately pulled her into a tight hug. "Bakit hindi ka pa tulog?" I questioned, her arms embracing me without a word.

"Because I was waiting," she replied softly, “Are you planning to sleep here?” she inquired.

“Alam mong darating ako?” tanong ko dito.

“I always sleep late when you're not sleeping besides me, I heard knock at knew it's you,” she answered. “Are you hungry?”

“Tired, baby.” I replied nestling on her shoulder while hugging her tightly.

“Kumain ka na?” she asked. Umiling ako, napalayo naman ito sakin.

“Ye—” just as I could finished, tumunog naman ang sikmura ko, urging her to pull me papasok papunta sa kitchen.

“You need to eat, Jael. It's not good for you to skip meals considering you're always busy traveling.” Her words laced with worry.

She's still wearing a black sunglasses, hiding her eyes, I'm just amazed that she can do everything even she can't see.

"Take a seat here while I eat," I said, guiding her gently to sit on my lap. I balanced the plate in one hand, bringing the food to my mouth, while my other hand rested on her waist.

It was a simple, ordinary moment for us. Yet, amidst the simplicity, I found profound happiness. In these moments, even when my body felt weary, being with her provided a sense of calm. With her by my side, my body, soul, and entirety found peace.

***

So could you tell us about your relationship? How do you see love as connected to your passion?”

“In matters of the heart, love resembles the intricate strokes of a painting, sometimes perfect and at times flawed. It demands determination to weather the challenges, and in the end, it can create something remarkably beautiful. Love, akin to art, necessitates patience, dedication, and an acceptance of imperfections," I expressed with a gentle smile.

"Is there a special person in your life, someone you're romantically involved with?" the interviewer probed further.

"I am fortunate to have someone significant, my first love. She brightens my life, bringing peace and freedom. She completes me in ways I never imagined," I revealed, my gaze drifting across the room until it settled on a woman, her presence filling me with warmth. "She's right there," I added.

The interviewer glanced back, her expression softening into a smile. My heartfelt words resonated deeply, offering viewers a profound insight into the intricate tapestry of love and relationships.

“Thank you for this interview, Miss Mercedez. I hope you have a good day, this interview with you is our pleasure.”

“Thank you,” I responded. Tumayo ako mula sa upuan at naglakad papunta sa kanya.