50

Ally

"What are you two giggling about?"

"Boys,"

"I should have guessed. Ally, would you like to sleep over? It's already getting kind of late and we have toiletries you can use,"

"Please stay, Ally! Please!"

"Does my dad know?"

"Yeah,"

"Okay. I will stay,"

"Mum, can we order pizza?"

"Sure. You could have a movie night,"

"I like that idea," I said, "Thank you,"

"June will get you sorted. I can pick up Harold if you want?"

"No. Girls only,"

"Okie dokie. Have fun,"

"I'm gonna get in some pyjamas right now," I said, "Please can I have a cheese pizza?"

"Yeah,"

I went upstairs and went into the drawer I knew had some of June's pyjamas in, then changed into them and went back downstairs.

"I also ordered chips, and drinks, and garlic bread,"

"Oh. Thank you, June,"

"It's okay,"

"Can I tell you something?"

"Sure,"

"I used to have kind of bad memories about takeaway but now we have it when we are together as friends and I like it now. Thank you,"

"Awh, I love you, Alyssa," she said, hugging me, "I am glad. We can have leftovers for breakfast,"

"Pizza?!"

"Yep,"

"Woah,"

"I love teaching you new things," she giggled, "Can we do facemasks later?"

"Yeah,"

"Yay. I chose a film,"

I put a thin blanket over me and rested my head on June's side, both of us leaning on each other as we watched it. The tv still amazed me- the fact they had a whole house in their garden amazed me. I might get to choose a room for tonight.

Ethel brought us all of our food, not seeming to care about how much was spent, then said goodnight to us and left us to it. It was getting late to be fair, it was already 8pm and I was tired out from the day.

The food was really nice, and I felt comfortable around June. I never thought I would have a girl best friend. I used to think I wasn't very good at being a girl in the way I wanted to be a girl- I didn't feel comfortable. All the stereotypical feminine things made me feel comfortable in my own body so I was glad to explore that, and explore female relationships. I had a girl best friend, and Auntie Sierra. Gabi, Maria, Crystal, and Maddox.

It made me feel like I was equal to them, after so long of having to wear mostly old boys clothes and not having perfume or anything. I had always dreamed of being like a movie character with makeup and hair straighteners.

Also, I liked that Axel got to be the tough guys he wanted to be without actually having to be the tough guy to survive. Dad had helped him lots.

"June, I might have to go to bed now,"

"Okay, do you want your own room?"

"Yes please,"

"I'll see you in the morning," she said, hugging me, "There's spare toothbrush in the bathroom drawer,"