Chapter 5: News

3 years later

EDITED

After the kiss, Miles kept asking me out on dates and we started dating. I was expecting to see him cheating on me with some blonde bimbo, but he hasn't. And guess what? He's the Alpha of the White Wolf Pack! Total fan girl moment!

It's has been 3 years since Hailey and I left The Snow Mountain Pack and I don't feel bad. I know Jack has tried to get a hold of me because we still have the family mind-link. So they know I'm not died. Hailey on the other hand....

Jack tried to make me tell him where we are but I just shut him off. Than he tried to make me tell him if Hailey's at least safe. I shut him off, again. So, he's going crazy. I go into his head sometimes and see what he's feeling and what he's thinking.

Every time I try, I get guilt, sadness, anger and a bunch more. I also get what he's thinking about. He's worried about Hailey and guilty about rejecting her and angry at me for not telling him. But can you blame me? My brother beat me ever since my parents died.

Hailey has been going on dates with the beta, Kayden, and they are the cutest. Kayden makes her whole again. When Hailey is happy, I'm happy. Hailey is just a happy girl. She wears bright colors while I wear leather and black. Miles doesn't seem to care though. He loves it.

We have not mated though. Miles tried to get me to agree but I tell him to wait for his mate since he has not found her. I don't want his mate feeling what I did. It just wouldn't be right.

The pack has gotten way bigger than when we showed up. When we showed up, there was only 40 people, now there's 120. I am the best fighter in the pack. I have gotten way better than with my old pack. I am the pack trainer and no one, and I mean NO ONE, goes against my orders. Well except the Alpha.

There has been spotting of hunters and rogues. A lot. So we are going to go stay with another pack. I don't know what pack though. I tried to get Miles to tell me but he won't.

He says that I will find out with the rest of the pack.

There was a knock at my door, making me snap out of my thoughts.

"Come in!" I yelled. The door opened and Miles came in. I raised an eyebrow at him. He smiled and sat by me on my bed.

"There's a pack meeting in 5 minutes" he said. I nodded and got up. I walked to my closet and got some blue jeans, a white T-shirt, and my combat shoes. I walked out and started changing. It doesn't really bother me. I have been changing in front of Miles for 3 years now.

Once I was down, I went to my bathroom. I put my blonde hair into a ponytail and walked out. I grabbed Miles hand and walked to the meeting room.

When we got there, everyone was there. Miles went to the front, with me and his beta, and cleared his throat. The talking stopped and everybody's attention turned to their Alpha.

"Welcome everyone! Thank you for coming here on such a short notice!" He said in a strong voice. "I have good news and I have bad news! Which one do you want to hear first?" He asked.

"Good news!" A girl shouted. I looked at her and realized she was only about 15.

"The good news is we got a pack to agree to let us stay at their pack house until the Rogue and hunter problem is fixed!" He said. Cheers erupted. "But, the bad news-" he let his voice trail off as he looked at me. He had a guilty look on his face. "Is that the pack we are going to is the...... Snow Mountain pack" he said. I gasped and shook my head.

"No," I whispered. "I can't go back there!" I yelled. Hailey ran up to me and hugged me. She tried to calm me down, but my blood just boiled more. I pushed Hailey off me and ran to my room. What they did to us was not acceptable. It was wrong.

I slammed the door and laid down on my bed. The tears came to me and sobs escaped my mouth. I can't go back. Not after what they did. I mean, I doubt they will recognize me 'Cause my blonde hair is lighter and my blue eyes are brighter. They aren't dull anymore. Miles fixed me.

~~

'When do we leave?' I asked Miles through our mind-link when I got my emotions are in check. I felt his pity and guilt.

'Tomorrow' he replied. I shut off the connection and got up out of my bed. I started packing all my stuff.

After I was done it was about 9 at night, so I changed in PJ's and crawled in bed. I started humming the song 'My Immortal by Evanescence.' Slowly, I fell into a peaceful sleep.

~~

Miles POV

When Emma ran out of the room I felt nothing but pity and guilt. I wish there was another pack that was close enough to take us in. All the closer ones had some lame excuse. Snow Mountain pack didn't.

If we could deal with them ourselves and stay away from them, I would do that, but I can't risk the packs safety. I hope Emma will understand soon. I don't like it when she is mad at me. I even tried to get her to agree to mate with me but she has a big heart that she doesn't want my mate to go through what she did. That's what I love about her.

I was in my office working on paper work when I felt someone enter my head.

'When do we leave?' Emma asked. I sighed. I hope she's okay. She has been in her room for a while now.

'Tomorrow' I replied. I felt her shut the connection off and leave my head. I sighed, again. She needs to be looking hot tomorrow. If she wants to get Jackson jealous than she needs to get a makeover.

'Hey Rebeca?' I asked through the mind-link just for us. Since I am Alpha, I can make one for anybody.

'Yes Alpha?' She replied back. She is the most obedient in my pack to me. Since Emma and I first started dating, Rebeca treated her as a Luna than everyone started. It's amazing.

'Go get Emma all prettied up' I said. I felt her smirk and shut off the connection. When I say that, I mean badass. she gets me so well.