Chapter 1: Leaving

EDITED

"EMMA GET DOWN HERE NOW!" My brother, Jack, yelled at me. Groaning, I looked at my bedside clock to see it was 6:30 am. Crap! They're going to kill me!

I got out of bed fast and ran to my bathroom. I turned on the shower then stripped. I hopped in, not waiting for it to get warm.

After 10 minutes, I got out and wrapped a towel around my body then my hair. I went to my closet then grabbed leggings and a t-shirt. I pulled my long blonde hair into a ponytail. I brushed my teeth and ran downstairs.

I ran in the kitchen and started making the pack breakfast. I got the ingredients for pancakes out and some bacon and eggs. I got the pans and started cooking the bacon and eggs. After the bacon and eggs were cooking I started making the pancakes. I mixed the ingredients up and poured it on the pan.

After 40 minutes of cooking, I was finally done with breakfast and set up the table. I put the plates of eggs, bacon, and the pancakes on the table. I was supposed to cook for everyone that lives in the pack house so there was a lot of food.

After I set up the table, I started cleaning up the mess. I hand washed the pans and put them where they were before I started cooking. I wiped down the counter and wiped the table off.

The pack came in the kitchen and started eating like pigs. Literally, food was flying out of their mouths when they talked or laughed. I wrinkled my nose up in disgust and turn around. If I watch them anymore, I might throw up.

I hurried out of the kitchen and to my room. I sat on my bed and sighed. I have to wait till everyone was done eating until I could eat. Well, what is left over, which is very little.

After about 20 minutes, I went back to the kitchen. I walked in and looked around. It was a mess. Food was everywhere.

I looked at the table to see absolutely no food left. I sighed and grabbed an apple to eat. It isn't like this didn't happen before. It happened three times already.

Hailey walked in and gasped. She looked at me and I gave her a weak smile. I tossed her an apple and she caught it with fast reflexes. Perks of being a werewolf. I also grabbed an apple and started eating.

After eating the apple, I started cleaning the kitchen. Hailey ate then started helping me, since we don't go to school.

"I found my mate" Hailey whispered after we were done cleaning the kitchen. If I was not a werewolf than I would not hear it, but I am and I heard. I looked at her to see tears in her eyes. "He rejected me, Em, my mate is Jack" she said as tears fell down. It broke my heart seeing her cry. That sadness soon turned to anger as I heard Jack's name. Who does he think he is?! No one, and I mean no one, should be rejected.

I hugged her tightly and sighed. I know we are not the prettiest of girls but that doesn't mean we can be rejected. Now she will shift and it will hurt so much more than your mate accepting you but not being there. I will be there though. No matter what.

"It will be okay, Hailey. Jack is a stupid idiot. He doesn't know what he is doing. I will be there for you no matter what. I promise" I said, hugging her tighter.

She cried for another 10 minutes, then pulled away and wiped her tears. She gave me a sad smile and walked out of the kitchen. I sighed and finished cleaning the kitchen
~~
I was walking in the hallway not watching where I was going. I ran into something and felt sparks. I gasped than smiled. I looked up and my smile soon fell off my face. Jackson, The-Soon-To-Be-Alpha, stood there. I know, 'Why aren't you happy about finding your mate?' Well let me tell you. There stood Jackson, looking at me, with a scowl on his face.

"Jackson, my mate?" I asked confused. Jackson was my worst bully. He beat me the most. I had a crush on him when we were younger but I'm not too sure about that right now. Surely the moon goddess has made a mistake. Jackson is rude, a jerk, and everything else.

"What? No, no I'm not your mate. Why would I want a mate as ugly, stupid, fat and a mistake?" He said. With each word it broke my heart. "I, Jackson Black, Soon-to-Be-Alpha, reject you, Emma Crow as my mate" he said. Tears came to me hard. I blinked and pushed the tears back. He was not worth my tears. He smirked and walked away.

They were right; my mate did not want me. I was a loser, a slave. No one wants me. I ran to Hailey's room and knocked, the tears coming to me again.

She opened the door and gasped. She pulled me in and shut the door. That's when I lost it. I cried. Hailey hugged me and let me cry.

After a while I pulled away and smiled. I wiped my tears and sat on her bed. We have to get out of here. There's nothing here for us. The only reason we stayed all these years is because we had hope that we would find our mates.

"Pack your stuff" I said and got off her bed. I looked at Hailey and saw the confusion. "We are leaving. There's nothing here for us" I said and walked to my room to pack my stuff.
~~

After about 30 minutes of packing, I finally finished. There was a knock on my door and I opened it. Hailey stood there with a suitcase. I smiled and stood to the side. She walked in and sat on my bed. I got out a pen and a piece of paper.

'Dear whoever cares,

We are leaving. We have stayed here long enough. The only reason we stayed in this dump was because we thought our mates would care about us. We were wrong. We are going to be all alone for our shifting. I hope you guys have fun without us.

Goodbye forever,
Emma & Hailey.'

I put the note on my bed and grabbed my duffle bag. Hailey and I jumped out the window and started running through the forest.