Prologue

Emma and Jackson up top!

EDITED

Emma's POV

My name is Emma Crow. I am 17 and 5'6. I have blond hair and blue eyes. I am fat, ugly and I am the packs punching bag. I am also a werewolf and in the Snow Mountain pack.

You now, they say werewolves are supposed to be pretty, skinny and fast. I am none of those.

I have a brother (Jack) and 2 sisters (Stacy, and Maddie). They blame me because my parents are dead, and I believe them.

I was there when my parents got attached by hunters. I was there when they shot them. I was there when they took their last breath. I did nothing. I was frozen in place.

They told me to run. They told me to save myself. They told me to go get help. But did I do any of that? No. I stood there, frozen.

That was 3 years ago. I couldn't shift then. I can't even shift now. Girl's shift when they find their mates. If your mate is there with you, it is painless but if you get rejected then it is way more painful than getting accepted but for some reason your mate is not there.

My pack says that he will reject me, and I believe them. I honestly don't see what there is that he could like. I have messy dirty blonde hair and lifeless blue eyes. I wouldn't be surprised if he rejects me. It would just be easier if he does. He would get a better, prettier mate and I will have a reason to not live here anymore. I will run and not look back. Find a new, better pack to care and love me for who I am.

For the past year I have been researching about mates and what will happen if they reject you. And honestly, it scares me. If your mate rejects you then, if you are a weak wolf, you could die. The book says it happens very rarely but still happens. 30% of werewolves have been rejected and 60% has been accepted. The other 10% of the mates die.

There is this book that I found one day when I was in the library 'dusting'. I was looking at the books for answers when a secret room opened and I found this one book that has everything in it.

There is this one pack that is barely heard of and they are small in numbers but strong together. Their pack name is The White Wolf pack, they have about 40 in numbers. What the cool part is they all have a birth mark of a half-moon on their wrists and they all have blue eyes. They also can talk to their wolves 3 years before they shift.

When another one of them is close they can feel this pull in their direction. It's pretty cool if you ask me.

My wolf tells me we belong into that pack plus my friend, Hailey, that has the same thing as me. She helps me clean around the house but luckily she doesn't get beaten.

When I found the book I showed it to her and she thought it was a sign. I didn't believe her. I told her we have to wait and let me research some more. We have been waiting for 3 years to escape our 'pack' and look for our real pack. We have been looking for signs in the woods that tells me if they are close.

Hailey is the tracker of us. She is the best of the best. When she was younger, she watched the trackers train and it had been her dream to become one. I on the other hand, am the best of the fighters.

We watch the pack train and later on that day we try out the moves or what they do. It took about 2 years to master all of the moves and more. We go to the library together, every now and then, and look in the book on what to do. There was only one time we got caught reading the books and got in trouble. The next time we looked up how to be sneaky, quick, and quite. It worked and we never got caught again.

Honestly, the pack is so blind at what we are doing, besides the elders, which the teens are the ones who beats me. The elders know they do it but they have the Alpha's command on them to not help. We don't care cause all they do is give us their sympathy looks and we don't need them.

We sneak everything if it means we will survive and the elders know this, they just act like they have no clue as to what's going on. They even let Hailey and I in the library to look at the books. The elders know it isn't my fault that hunters killed my parents and I'm grateful for that.

When I was little I got this crush on the soon-to-be- alpha (Jackson), and believe me I did, but then he got more distant and he started beating me to. I really only think it's to protect me because after he makes sure I'm okay and cleans my wounds then leaves. When he's around my wolf gets all giddy, and excited. I really think he is my mate 'Because I get this gut feeling that says so. I'm so happy that I think that because I think he is going to accept me and get the beatings to stop. Well I hope I'm right cause if I'm wrong then I'm packing my bags and Hailey and I are leaving.

All the teenagers have school besides me and Hailey so it will be easier. Hailey and I have mind-link so we can communicate and feel what the other does. No one knows though, not even the elders, which I'm glad. Whenever we become rogue I'm changing my look, attitude, clothes, hair, everything. I doubt Hailey will, she will be happy, skinny, wear light colors and just be Hailey. Me on the other hand, will be in leather. I already have clothes for when we leave. I'm going to throw out my old clothes and put my new ones in my bag. I think it's going to be awesome.

After we leave then we will never come back. We will go find The White Wolf pack to stay at and if we are not part of that pack then we will leave and find another pack.

In a book I found it tells us where exactly we can find them and that is about 20 miles north from here. Which is Eugene, Oregon. It's beautiful here but in the winter it gets cold. I just can't wait to get out of this hell hole place they call a house.

-W/X