Chapter IX - Light

Start from the beginning

"She would bake her apple pie and tell you she loves you." Wanda caressed his cheek.

"Mmm... You are right, Wanda."

"I usually am." Victor smirked. Then Wanda put her arms around him. Wanda started to quietly sing a Sokovian lullaby. She even gently made him remember all the good memories he had with his grandmother, her, and Pietro.

They just lay there in complete silence.

Time Skip: six months

Avengers Compound, December

Wanda Maximoff's POV

Wanda entered Victor's room and was immediately bombarded with the colors and aromas of his potted plants. Victor came back from the bathroom. He smiled at her while fixing his wet hair. Once again, Wanda felt warmth on her cheeks.

"It's always the same with him." She thought while smiling slightly.

"Oh, hi Wanda, is this the time for our training? I must have lost track of time."

"No, it's not that, Vic." Wanda giggled as she observed his plants. They were all fantastically gorgeous, especially since they pulsated with his magic. She notices a new addition, which looks like a black cactus without any needles. She came closer to it.

"Don't touch Bob."

"Bob?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Bob releases gas when touched, which puts him to sleep."

"Really?"

"Oh yeah. It's still in the test phase. People at S.H.I.E.L.D. asked me if my herbs could be applied somehow for common use. I try to make a better version of anesthetics."

"It's wonderful, Vic!"

"Why thank you, Wanda. Not that I complain, but what brings you to me?" Victor asked, leaning on the desk.

"Well... Clint called and invited us for Christmas dinner."

"Say what now?"

"He will pick us up at 5 p.m." Wanda smirked.

"But Christmas is in three days."

"Yes, but his family moves out, so he invited us today." Victor bites his lips.

"Control yourself, Wanda!" She screamed at herself in her mind.

"We can't go empty-handed."

"I was thinking you can handle flowers, and I will get some wine."

"Pushy witch." Victor smirked at Wanda.

"I'm only pushy with you, Victor. I will see you downstairs in an hour." She winked at him and quickly went back to her room. She locked the door and hid her hot face in her hands. She couldn't keep going like this. Every day, she feels deeper longing for Victor, and she is reasonably sure he feels the same way. But what if she breaks their friendship? 

With a groan, she went to the bathroom and splashed her face with cold water. She needs to get ready, or Clint is going to keep making girly jokes for the rest of the evening. She straightened her hair and combed it into a side-swept style. She put on a long, slim, jumper-like dress in a dark red color. While leaving, she also put on black over-knee boots and pulled out a bottle of wine from her secret stash that only Natasha knows about. 

She went downstairs, where Victor was already waiting for her. He wore an elegant white shirt, slim, creased black pants, and a black jacket. Wanda shivered, feeling his gray eyes look at her from top to bottom.