•11•

H o u r s   L a t e r

It's already nine at night and Liz hadn't returned home yet, probably she chooses to stay at Mark's knowing she's still pretty much mad at me after reading my earlier text.

I decided to turn on the TV to kill time, it happened to be a news channel. It's been a long time since I paid attention so let's see what the anchor brings to the table tonight.

"Sir James Petry said if he was elected to be the local Mayor he will definitely reduce-"

I changed the channel immediately, not politics again. Boring.

After switching the channel multiple times from news to movies, I ended up in another news channel.

The body of twenty year old Lisa McCornick was found dumped under the Cantaloupe bridge early this morning. A dog walker found her body floating face down in the river with no identification of herself, However, her siblings and friends who reported her missing two days earlier came to claim it was her, that was found under the bridge. Detective Joshua Randall suspected foul play and the investigation is still ongoing

Damn, another young girl is taken too soon.

The moment I saw her face on my TV screen, I gasped to the core....

It was none other than the girl whom I saw that day, sitting on Mark passenger's seat, the girl whom he smooches, the girl whom he claimed as his ex girlfriend...

Then, I saw the victim's brother being interviewed. I couldn't take my eyes off of him due to how much he resembles Lisa not to mention he was sure a good and sweet looking lad. The way he spoke so softly making a plea for those who had a knowledge to come forward and to help the investigation with a watery eye... he surely grabbed my attention for a while.

Oh god... how sweet... , I couldn't help but bite my lips at the sight of Lisa's brother. He was the most attractive lad I've seen on screen despite his grieving face...

Oh my god! What the hell am I thinking! I must be insane!! Damn! I needed to focus on what matters!

I decided to give Liz a call and to ask her go home asap, I've got something really important to tell her. I clicked on her number and press my phone on my right ears, waiting for my call to ring.

Apparently it didn't...
And once again,
It went straight to voicemail.

I turned the TV off, grabbed my coat, and decided to visit Mark's house solely using my memory of how to get there. I recalled his bungalow house was painted in brick red, and it took approximately twenty minutes to get there. The more I thought of it, I even remembered the street name... well, it was probably Lochness street or something.

.
.
.
.
.

I texted Elizabeth, not caring about anything but her safety hoping she's alright and managed to escape wherever she was in. I knew by this point she must be in danger. I hailed a taxi, get in and be on my way, can't wait to catch Liz and Mark there. I couldn't think of any places other than Mark's house, I didn't know where they would typically date. A cinema? I doubted it for some reason and I don't think the park is a good idea at night, I just think since Mark tends to invite people over to his house, she's probably in his house right now, in danger who knows.

Once I made it to Mark's neighbourhood, from a distance I could see his residence's light was off and his car wasn't there. My heart started to pump up blood twice as fast, they're now somewhere undetected.

"Oh damn, I think I'll have to go to the police station now", I told the driver.

"What's wrong, miss?"

"Ugh.. it's just, I can't get ahold of my friends at all today"

"Okay", the driver then continued to drive away from the neighbourhood.

I couldn't shake the feeling that something terrible has happened to Liz, I really wish she would call me back and tell me that she was alright.

Ten minutes later, I paid the taxi in cash and let the driver to speed off. I can walk back home from the police station located not too far from my flat. I headed inside in a rush and went straight to the lobby where two officers was on duty.

"I would like to report my friend... she's missing", I told the officers.

"How old is she?", one of the officer asked.

"Twenty"

"How long has it been since you saw her?"

"Ugh.. the last time I saw her was on this morning before both of us departed to work at eight. She would usually be home first before me, and I couldn't get ahold of her at all, her phone went straight to voicemail. I suspect-"

"Relax, young lass. She's probably drunk somewhere and we'll find her and take her home", the other officer replied.

"No, you don't understand. She had a boyfriend whom I considered suspicious because he drugged her a couple days ago, causing her to be sick! I think he might've done something to her too tonight! She would never ignore my calls!", I insisted.

"Okay-okay, what's her name?"

"Elizabeth Gosden", I replied.

"Is there any picture of her?"

"Yeah sure", I pulled out my phone, unlocked my screen and showed the officers our selfies.

"Don't worry, we'll look into it. In the meantime, where do you live?"

"I live at the Brighton Apartment's complex, floor 6 room 615", I explained in details.

"Okay"

"Please.. please do call me if you find anything", I handed them the handwritten notes of my phone number.

One of the officer yawned then took it from my hands, I can sense the laziness....

"Can you announce it tonight? That she's missing?", I asked.

"she's an adult, if she hadn't return home probably she's out and about with her boyfriend like you said. she must be drunk somewhere else. and she'll definitely be back home, you've got nothing to worry about", said the officers.

I shook my head in disbelief at their response, "Come on! You guys are getting paid and you had done nothing!"

"Miss, like I said, we'll look into the case. We already gathered necessary information from you, and if we find anything we'll give you a call, just not immediately. We need some time to investigate that the girl you reported was indeed missing and not running on her own volition, do you understand? We deal with so many cases like this, which ended up with the missing person being a runaway due to some reason. ", the other officer explained firmly, looked annoyed that I yelled at them.

I scoffed then backed off, not knowing what else to do, hoping once I returned to my room I found Elizabeth safe and sound...