•08•

2  d a y s   l a t e r

I decided to take a 48 hour day off of work in order to stay with Liz and make sure she was taken care of under the right hands. At least I didn't have to deal with Matt, but unfortunately for me, Mark keeps on showing up..

I was unable to tell Liz about Mark's affair with that girl due to lack of evidence and that she was still sick, though she's slowly recovering.

"How are you holding up now? Are you feeling better?", Mark asked as he stroked Liz's hair, letting her lying on his thigh.

"Yeah"

I scoffed seeing such views. Not because I'm single, but I'm sick with Mark after I learned the truth about him.

"Mark... Do you want to come and get some dinner?"

"Where are you taking me?", he asked.

"Ugh.. to the Pizza Parlour"

"Alright, I'm feeling peckish too at the moment. I'd be right back babe. after dinner, drink your paracetamol, okay?"

Liz nodded at his words. His words sounded like a spell that every girl who hears it quickly nod without any second thought. He used his ability to persuade and his charm, manipulative way so he can get away with everything and do anything as he please.

Mark and I exited the room and went straight to the lift, not long after pressing the button, the lift reached our places...

Once both of us set foot into the empty lift, the door shut itself down and began to go down. Mark's eye was on me the whole time and I could tell he was smirking, but I refused to look at him. I really want to punch him in the face with such audacity he has.

*********

"If you got something to say, don't hold back", Mark stated as if he could read my mind.

I stopped walking midway, my palm turned into fists in an instant. Mark's eye was fixated on me, waiting for me to open my mouth. We were standing up facing each other on the dim desolate pavement.

"I know this whole time you're not being honest to Liz"

"What do you know about us?"

Ahout us?! Gross...

"Don't even get me started. I noticed everything, I'm serious. You should end it with her or I'm going to tell her the truth", I glanced at him vehemently.

"What evidence do you have against me?", Mark proceeded to walk closer to me as I took a step backwards. He was surely intimidating too..

I mustered up my courage, though it was on the tip of my tongue, I struggled to say it..

"I.. I saw you with other woman yesterday! A girl.. with long hair! She got into your car!", I exclaimed.

Despite the serious allegation, he remained calm, because he knew I had no evidence on my hands.

He quickly pulled out his phone from his jeans pocket and that's how the Liz's key fell on the pavement ground. I gasped the moment I noticed the key, he could've come uninvited at any time knowing he even had her key!

"Is that Liz's key?"

"No. This key's mine, it's a spare key she gave to me in case I wanted to come over", he grabbed the key and put it back in his pocket then proceeded to show me the girl's selfie with him and a couple of other folks I never met in my life.

"This girl right here is my ex. just like you, she had been stalked by someone who has a crush on her. what I did yesterday, what you saw, is me helping her out of it"

I chuckled wryly, I didn't buy it.

"What? Are you kidding me?"

"What do you want to hear? That I cheated on Liz?"

"I think that's the case here", I replied.

"I'm not and you don't have the rights to intervene further. I hated seeing a woman being stalked, I could imagine the fear they experienced on a daily basis. I thought you might see who I am as a person, but I think you're always opposing me for no reason"

"It's not just that. The fact that Liz got more ill after you leave, I— I couldn't shake the feeling that you're suspicious to me!", I snapped. 

"I'd love to hear your theory about me. I could be anyone I've never been before and that might give me an idea of what to be in the future", he replied jokingly.

This sick sociopath turned everything into a joke. Sure he can joke since I had no proof on my hands...

"Leave liz, please, end it. I'm sick of you pretending to care for her while playing behind her back!"

"I don't have to explain myself to you. you can keep the receipt and believe whatever you want to believe, however you want to perceive. It doesn't matter to me. Liz is what matters to me, that's all", he uttered.

"You put something on her food, didn't you?"

"You're lost. Are we going to buy pizza or not?"

"I will and you can return to your house. I'm not letting you feeding Liz any more", I uttered.

"Heh. I let you say whatever you want and apparently you got more brazen..", he proceeded to take one step closer to me, causing me to hold my breath in. The sweet scent of his cologne hit my nostrils instantly as he towered over me and glanced at me with a devilish grin.

"You sure are observant, but I won't let you intervene in my relationship further"

I gulped in a state of fear.

"Now, come with me at the pizza parlour or I'll stay the night in your flat"

What the...

"Fine!", I scoffed upsetly.