↳ 𝕥𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕜 - 𝕠𝕣 - 𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥 : 𝕘𝕦𝕚𝕕𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕘𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕘𝕠𝕠𝕕 𝕔𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕪 𝕓𝕪 𝕒𝕦𝕓𝕣𝕖𝕪・❥・: ̗̀➛

Start from the beginning

ᴡʜᴇɴ ʜᴀʟʟᴏᴡᴇᴇɴ ᴄᴀᴍᴇ around, everyone made a plan to meet up at the park. Aubrey and Kel were the first ones there.

"Hero isn't with you?" Aubrey asked when she saw Kel coming.

"He's waiting for Mari," he explained. "Sunny's getting ready at Basil's house, and I guess he's worried about what's going on between Sunny and her."

"We all are..." Sunny and Mari were supposed to be the inseparable duo, the siblings who would always be by each other's sides until the end of time. Why were they so distant now? They were perfectly fine just before the recital.

Aubrey didn't want that to ruin Halloween though. She convinced her father to buy her a vampire costume, and she thought she looked adorable. The black-and-pink dress had a skirt that she loved to spin in, and she had cute black boots to go along with it. She had fingerless black gloves on, and her mother helped her made fake vampire teeth—which she was really happy about since it was the first time she actually did something with her in a while. Actually, it was the first time she did something that wasn't arguing with her father or getting drunk someplace outside of Faraway Town. Thank goodness it was her father who appeared as her parent in public.

Kel was dressed up as Captain Spaceboy. He planned the costume out for a while, and he did make it work. He was still really disappointed when his parents wouldn't let him dye his skin blue. Aubrey thought they were right, but as dumb as their arguments could be—she could admit that—she really didn't want to get into an argument about that.

"Mari and Hero agreed, right?" she asked him.

"Obviously! Remember, we're going to all the old people's houses first, and then we're coming back here for any leftover candy."

"And remember to look like a cute, innocent kid. They might be nicer if we're all sweet and innocent."

"Yeah, Aubrey, act sweet."

"Excuse me?"

The rest of their friend group arrived before they could go any further into an argument—which Kel started, by the way. Hero and Mari were dressed up in matching angel and devil costumes, Sunny was dressed as a police officer, and Basil was a beekeeper. He even had a fake bee with him.

Just as they all joined them, Kel immediately said, "Let's go to the old people houses!"

"Kel, we just got here," said Hero. "Don't you want to talk for a bit."

"Nah. I want candy!"

"I want candy too," said Sunny. Basil and Aubrey nodded in agreement.

"Let's let them go, Hero," said Mari. "We can stay here if you don't feel like walking a lot."

Kel grinned at them, and before they knew it, they were allowed to go by themselves to the houses they wanted to go to. All they had to do was make sure they were back in the main neighbourhood by 10:00 P.M. at the latest, don't eat any candy until they were sure they weren't poisoned, and no one had to know they went there without Mari and Hero.

"This Halloween is already so cool!" Kel said as they walked over there. "Imagine how much of the good candy we'll get!"