Chapter 70 - A deal

Začít od začátku

 ...

 That wouldn't be a pretty sight.

 "How- Oh, I know!"

 The perfect way to get used to this!

 "Let's get back to the little break that we started before you decided to run off."

 Without waiting for him to even start thinking about an answer, I grabbed his hand and pulled him along.

 I dragged him out, waving at the sighing Sigewinne.

 It was only by the time that I had dragged him into the elevator that he found a moment to speak.

 "Where exactly are we going, Wrio?"

 "The Pankration Ring. It's the-"

 "I know what it is. I just don't understand how it would- Wriothesely."

 He figured it out.

 "No."

 "Come on, Neuv. You know that this is the fastest way."

 "I could hurt you."

 "Obviously, I heal fast." I waved my hand around.

 And...

 There is one more thing that I want to get out of this.

 "How about this? If you win, I won't jump into situations you would consider dangerous."

 "And if you were to win?" Neuvillette asked, sounding half convinced.

 "You'll have to let me kiss you."

 "I never said you couldn't-"

 "In public."

 "No. That is public indecen-"

 "Only inside Meropide? Please?"

 "It is still public indecency even if it is inside-"

 Feeling the elevator arriving at its destination, I knew I had to act quickly.

 So, I pushed him up against the wall of the elevator, interrupting his words.

 "Neuv dear, you have to understand something. In here, within Meropide's walls, I am the law, I can do as I wish and no one can say anything about it. Besides, kissing isn't considered public indecency so unless your mind wandered off to some more heated affairs, simply kissing you every so often shouldn't pose a problem, no?"

 As soon as I finished what I had wanted to say, I took a step back.

 Oh dear.

 My oblivious little dragon doesn't seem to be so oblivious after all.

 He wouldn't be blushing so fiercely otherwise.

 "So, we got a deal, right."

 "Huh? No, Wrio- Wriothesely. Wait."

 I acted while he was still flustered, dragging him (a bit more gracefully) over to Roussimoff.

 "Ah, Your Grace! What brings you here? There are no events that you can participate in today I'm afraid. No challengers either." He swiftly informed me.

 "No one is using the ring right now, right?"

 "No, but Your Grace-"

 "I want to challenge someone."

 "Your Grace, please. You know that rules-"

 "This one is strong enough to defeat a harbinger. I think he will be well within the restrictions you set for me, no?" I interrupted him once more.

 "A harbinger? You mean the fatui's... Ah, yes of course. If there is such a person and they indeed accept your challenge then it does fall within the rules." Roussimoff finally nodded.

 "Great! Here, this is the one I want to challenge."

 And just like that, I pushed Neuvillette, whom he had somehow still not noticed, in front of him.

 He blinked.

 So did Neuvillette.

 The two stared at each other in silence and utter disbelief.

 ~

~

~

While I don't feel comfortable writing smut, I seem to have found great pleasure in creating sexual tension.

 I don't know if that's good or bad news for Neuvillette and Wriothsely though...