The Wastelanders chapter 12 (Part 2 THE DECISIONS)

CHAPTER 12

It was a long and lonely road. I left Rick and Carol out of anger and wasn't planning on going back. It was stupid, James was sacrificed because of Ricks greed of love.....But wasn't that just like me....Wasn't I being greedy about James. I was just like him and I didn't like it. On my way out the door I had grabbed one of the only things left of James, His hat he had left on the bed that sad day. I wore it everyday along with his silver revolver he had given me. Walking to the one place I needed to go, a place that I needed to make amends and finish my business.

"YOU OVER THERE.....GIRL"

I looked over to the man that was yelling. There was only sand blowing in the wind. All the snow from the storm before was gone.

"HEEEEYYYY HEEELLPP"

I turned around. There was a guy running towards me like there was someone chasing him. I raised my gun.

"DON'T SHOOT"

He stopped in his tracks.

"Please ma'am my wife...she is just....I dont know you have to see for yourself"

He turned around and ran towards the tent way in the distance. Something in my gut said

don't go. don't trust anybody.

I ignored this feeling and followed the man.

"What's wrong with your wife....."

As I walked into the tent there in the corner was a woman....or was it. It was as if she was petrified in ash.

"She has been like this for a long time....she was infected by those things out there"

I was confused so I asked.

"The biters"

"Yes"

"But there gone"

"She was infected before the turned to ash....now she's like this"

He touched her cheek and a small clump of ash fell to the ground. Her whole body was gray ash, but why did it affect her.

"You said she was infected before the biters....disappeared"

"YA"

It was quiet for a moment and then a thought came to mind that made my stomach hurt. Could that cure have affected anything associated with the biters like people with the disease in them. I walked over to the woman petrified in ash.

CLICK CLICK

"Don't get any closer"

The guy fell to the ground dead and in the doorway stood 3 men all armored to their teeth.

"Come with us or die"

I pulled out my revolver

BANG BANG

One fell to the ground and I felt a slight pinch on the back of my neck. Everything went black and I lost my feeling in my body. I awoke in a chamber upside down, feet and tied hanging from the roof.

"What....where"

My head was pounding. Where was I and why did I feel faint. I looked around the room seeing bodies everywhere and other people hanging but obviously dead for weeks.

SNAP

I fell to the ground still tied

"Drag her to HIM"

"WHAT....LET ME GO"

"NO.....HE has work for you"

I saw a bald man hovering over me.

SMACK

I went unconscious and awoke in a strange room. It reminded me of a room similar to the house i lived in once.

"hello Isabella"

There was a voice that seemed to boom through my ears. I turned my head and behind me was a another man but this one was different. He reminded me of an old friend.

"WHO ARE YOU.....WHAT DO YOU WANT WITH ME"

"WE have been watching you. I think you have great potential and can become one of us"

"AND YOU ARE"

"Shadow bearers"

I was confused not sure what I had gotten into. My head was still pounding like an earthquake.

"Anddddddd"

"HA HA HA.......Follow me"

The restraints on my arms and feet were cut and I ran for it. There was a firm grip on my shoulder.

"Leave....and you will die....follow me and you will learn to live the new threat coming"

"NEW THREAT....I JUST KILLED ALL THE BITERS"

"Yes...and this one will be your greatest challenge yet"

"WHAT AM I A HERO IN A BOOK"

"no just a person who has the chance to set this world right.....someone who can help mankind like your friend James did....someone who can lead the legacy of our kind.....someone who can become something only gods have dreamed of"

I looked at him and thought about my decisions. He let go of my shoulder, now throbbing. I stood there and nodded at him. Was I in over my head.