The Wastelanders chapter 8

CHAPTER 8

"What the hell did he just say"

I was sitting there frightened hoping what I heard was just me being delirious. The radio caught on fire and I dropped it into the snow. it melted every spot of snow around it as it started to deform and change shape. I backed away.

"GET ME OUT OF HERE PLEASE.....JUST LEAVE ME ALONE"

James voice echoed from everywhere.

"But Isabella the party is just getting started HAHAHA"

The radio now in the form of a man made me almost freeze in place. It was James, His iris in his eyes were dark red like blood. I fell backwards on my butt and as he finally materialized the snow stopped. It was as if the whole world was on pause, snow stopped in mid air. 

"WHAT DO YOU WANT WITH ME JAMES"

"I just want to know if you liked Sam's tea because you will be here for a long time"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN"

"You probably wont every be able to leave this place"

"BUT WHAT IS THIS PLACE WHERE AM I"

"Let me show you...grab my hand"

I looked into his red eyes as he held out his hand. I was unsure pain flowing through my stomach now from the conflicting emotions. I didn't know what to do so I trusted my gut. His eyes seemed sincere so I did what I had to.

CLICK CLICK BANG

I pulled out my gun and shot one bullet through his skull. But he stood there no blood, no pain. The hole closed up and he grabbed my hand. Everything got cold, I felt as if death himself was bringing me to hell. Everything went black and all that was left was me and him. Black was all around us. 

"This is what is going on inside the little head of yours hehe"

The blackness of where we were changed to a sort of flashback moment in movies and I saw myself. I was in bed out cold but having a kind of maniac seizure. Rick was standing next to me, Tears in his eyes. Carol walked into the room with a wet washrag. I stopped moving, eyes wide open. 

"Shh shh little jack rabbit please snap out of it we need you now more than ever"

There was a loud bang from the other room and Rick walked away. There was another voice from the other room and he said.

"Well its my fault I shouldn't have said what I said"

"No No its not your fault"

"Yes it is she chased after me"

The blackness came back and James was standing there, normal as ever. 

"Isabella obviously your friends need you"

"Well how would I get out of here"

"You tell me hahaha"

He disappeared and I was left alone. 

"WAIT WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO"

It was pitch black but I could see clearly. I was confused so I thought and thought and thought. 

I don't know how long I had been in here but it felt like an eternity. I learned a few things in the confinement of my own mind. I thought of something and it would sometime materialize for a short time. I felt i knew what to do by now and had went over it in my head about a thousand times.

"I have to do this....I have to"

I thought long and hard floating In the blackness of where ever I was. There in my hand materialized the silver revolver rick had on his belt. It tingled until it was fully materialized, It was like my hand had just woken up. I looked down the barrel of the gun and pulled the stiff trigger.

BANG

There was a bright flash as everything started to turn white. The whiteness faded and It was like I had just woken up. My eyes started to adjust and I could see the outline of the room. I started to feel my limbs and my body until I gained full control of my body again. Carol stood up.

"RICK GET IN HERE"

I looked towards the door to see him run through. 

"Isabella i thought we lost you"

We hugged and I felt a little dizzy. 

"Rick Carol....What happened"

"Well we saw you passed out in the storm and we took you back in but you hit your head on a rock.....You have been staring and having seizures for about 3 days"

I let it sink in for a moment. How was I gone for 3 days, it felt like hours. I looked behind Rick to see a sight for sore eyes. There was James standing in the doorway, eyes red but not like he was evil but as if he were upset and had been crying for a long time. I pulled out my gun still on my belt and pointed it towards him.

'What are you doing here....."

He looked tears welling up in his eyes now.

"I....I....I didn't mean to get you hurt...Its my fault...I'm soo sorry"

I slowly dropped my aim but not all the way. 

"I was just angry and-"

He started to walk over towards me so I pulled my gun back up aiming at his head.

"STAY BACK"

"But Isabella....."

"No now is not the time"

My voice started to stutter and my heart felt like it was in my throat. Tears flowed down my face almost like a damn behind my eyes collapsed. My gun fell onto the bed and I broke down. James left the room and I felt terrible. I was so used to the evil James that I figured he was one of them. I got up and walked out telling Rick and Carol to give me some alone time. 

"James....."

I had pulled myself together a little and walked around the house and found James in the back yard near Sam's grave.

"Sam.....I don't know what to do....I need to tell her what the plan is originally supposed to be when we turn the machine on, but I cant its to hard and now shes mad at me....I cant tell her why-"

"James"

He zipped around with his puffy red eyes and said.

"How much of that did you hear..."

I ran over to him and hugged him tight whispering.

"Bud I'm not mad I was just startled to see you, I had a....dream....I guess you can call it......I was just terrified but now its all normal and OK right"

I let go and and he said.

"Yeah I over reacted and I know you were only cared for me, I shouldn't have walked out there"

"What do you need to tell me....why are you talking about life and death"

He looked at me and I could tell he didn't want to say at this time.

"Its not the right time....The machines almost done...."

"I know but-"

"Im sorry but I cant"

He started to cry again and walked away.

What was it that he was thinking. What did he need to tell me. I looked at the gravestone of Sam like I used to but noticed a slight change to it. There on the gravestone under Sam's name and info was 

-James reed

May 17, 2051 - December 28, 2077

That date (December 28, 2077) was the date Rick said the machine was supposed to be done and Carol to be the sacrifice....or was she.