Chapter 38

"Don't breathe so heavy Wes! They might hear you."

"But she's in my bed!" said Wes with a dazed, far-off look.

"It's not like you're in it with her," said Asher, who was feeling sour that Maddie hadn't chosen his bed to sleep in tonight instead of Wes'. "I doubt she even knew it was yours."

"You're just you jealous diary stealer," said Wes. "We don't all have to stoop to such lows to see the reality that Maddie isn't that interested in you."

"Why don't you show me your proof," said Ash in a harsh whisper. 

"Jul- Jul- Jul- Ja-Jul... ia is," said Matt. "My- my.. bed is.. with Jul-lia ... whoa."

 "You're so whipped," Nathan said with a laugh. But he could not resist taking a look for himself. Peering past the legs of Matt, Wes, and Pete and through the crack of the door to catch a glimpse of Stella getting the situation on his bed. He had to admit it was rather euphoric.

The only remaining empty bed was Ashers.. since there were 5 guys and only 4 girls.

"I think I will join them," said Pete lifting his chin and taking a bold step forward. Now they knew the beds were covered in poison ivy, or arsenic it seemed a nice place to be sleeping. Particularly after two weeks of sleeping on the lazy boy.

"No way, if anyone sleeps in there it's me!" said Matt. "After all, I'm Maddie's brother, and I'm the most honest and trustworthy. I shall be their protector."

"Like hell, you will!" said Ash. "It's my bed! If anyone sleeps in there it ought to be me!"

"I've had the worst place to sleep though!" said Wes.

"Sucks for you," said Ash. "But it doesn't mean you get to sleep in my bed."

"None of us are sleeping there," said Nathan, in a final sort of way. "The girls won this round fair and square. Our old room is now enemy territory. It's not a place to be sleeping! And if anyone did it would cause discord among our ranks."

"Yes, yes, of course," said Matt. "I lost my head a bit. This is no doubt a ploy on their part to divide and concur. And we must not fall victim to their feminine genius." He ended boldly as if his title of 'supreme leader bigwig of the men' had just been reinstated, and he intended to wear the title well on his ..rather high horse.

"That's great and all," said Ash, "But I think they heard you..."

"Shoot!" said Matt. "Um.. act normal."

"I can't be sure what normal is anymore," said Pete.

"Nor me," said Wes.

Copyrighted Material

Copyrighted Material. All rights reserved.