Chapter 37: Back In Brooklyn!

(Third Person POV)

As Mario's family was starting to have pancakes for breakfast, Luciana gets texts from Rachel about Maddie's whereabouts. Maurizio knows Mario and Luigi said that they've went somewhere called "Mushroom City" but he honestly just thinks they're at Pauline's place. Nicola was mad that Marie took her phone but Arthur just sighed about it. Tony eats some leftover cannolis with his pancakes... but felt sad that Mario and Luigi weren't here. But their family time was cut short when rumbling and shaking jittered throughout the apartment. Stefano and Lucy got scared while Tony just casually eats the rest of his pancakes.

Back in the sewer, the lights go out as rainbows of wonder emerge from the giant green pipe. On the surface, a manhole begins to shake, bright light emanating through the cracks as it popped off, three figures toppling along the ground as they sat up. Mario, Sonic, and Peach glanced around at the city in awe, awestruck.

"What the—?" Sonic uttered.

"Brooklyn?" Mario said.

"This is your world, Mario? It's so... bleak." Peach adds.

"That's cause we're in a construction zone! Let's move!"

A horn permeated the air, causing Peach's ears to sting from the sudden, loud noise as a car barely stopped in front of them, but Mario and Sonic weren't fazed. In fact, they were still dazed that they barely noticed the car halting in front of them.

"Mario? Stupid Blue Rat?" Spike asked.

He slams his car door shut and grips Mario by his overalls.

"You almost dented my—"

His words were cut short when a loud boom came rising from the earth!!! Bowser's fortress ruptured from the ground, sending debris everywhere as Spike yelped like a little girl and ran.

"RUN!!!" Sonic shrieked.

He grabbed Peach and Mario's hands and they took off as the fortress crashed into the ground, sending a huge shockwave of energy that sent the plumber and the hedgehog flying forward, but making the princess trip and fall. The crash was enough to send tremors throughout the city, causing the attraction of many people as they opened their windows and stared in awe at the behemoth that was Bowser's fortress. Donkey Kong, Toad, Tails, Knuckles, Tom, and Maddie were buried under rubble as Cranky, Penguins, other toads and Kong's came crashing into the city. Luigi runs to hide in Punch-Out Pizzeria to avoid the falling debris. Mario and Sonic sat up as the last of the debris continued to fall. The Wisps and Lumas fell from debris. Lena the Lumalee stands up and is horrified by what's happening.

"What's going ooOOOAAAAAAH!!! Oh god no!!! Mom's gonna kill me!" She shrieked.

Crysta angrily turns to Mario.

"What the hell did you do?!"

"I'm sorry! Bowser was gonna blow up the Mushroom Kingdom! What was I supposed to do? Let him get away with nuking the place?"

"We understand but you can't do that! You just severed a rift between dimensions!! And if Mom sees this, it's gonna take her a full week to fix the warp pipe!" Ethan adds.

"Guys! It doesn't matter! He was trying to do the right thing! And yet I would blame him, but Bowser's the one who launched the nuke in the first place!" Mayhem pointing facts out.