Chapter 13: Down the Pipe

(Third Person POV)

Well this day has been a disaster. Mario's first job went to crap because of an angry dog, and Tails suffered a bite from the dog which lead to Sonic having a panic attack. After the fiasco, Tails had to take some antibiotics to keep the pain down and Knuckles just gave that Brooklyn Couple a sneer of malice. Sonic however felt terrible for everything that happened, but it wasn't his fault, yet he was so worried of losing Tails. He didn't want to loose anyone again after what happened to Longclaw.

Later at night, Sonic was playing Hinokami Chronicles on the Switch to get his mind off of what happened today. However he had to volume down because Tails was alseep. He was playing as Tanjiro and was battling against Enmu. After a few blows, he lost the match and he got a game over screen. Sonic sighed and turned the Switch off. Exiting the bedroom, he goes to eat some leftover pizza from yesterday. What would Longclaw tell him to do right now? She'd say stay inside and don't be seen. As he sits down on the couch, he turns on the news to see the latest stories. It was mainly about stuff that Sonic wasn't interested in. Feeling a bit bummed out, he thinks back on that dream he had earlier this morning. He never heard that voice before in his dreams... but he wondered who that was. It definitely wasn't Longclaw's voice, but why did it sound so serene? It's still a mystery.

"If only I knew who that was..."

But why did all these dreams feel... familiar? Questioning it just made him tired. A yawn escapes his mouth as he drifts into sleep.

~~Dream~~

In the dream realm, he finds himself back in that sunflower field one more time. Little ladybug critters surrounded him, giving him a sense of comfort. But they skittered away and he looks up to see the unseen monster, still looking like a shadow. It's yellow scleras stared at him with malice and he groans, starts running off. The creature reaches out for him one more and this time it finally grabs him. He faces the shadowy monster.

"What do you want from me?!" Sonic screamed.

He expected an answer, but all Sonic got was a toothy grin. It grabs Sonic by his right hand and he felt the sharp nails dig into his flesh. Sonic begged to know what the monster wanted as tears ran down his face. He felt himself getting crushed. The creature broke its silence and spoke.

"Your remand."

Sonic didn't know what it was talking about, but before he felt himself sink into the darkness of the hand, a bright light emerged and freed him from the unseen shadow. It also sounded like it was humming a song to calm him down, yet it sounded so faint. He wasn't sure what the song was, but it felt tranquil and soothing. But that feeling was quickly washed away when the feeling of the wind was blowing him away. His vision was still blurry in this world, but the person surrounded by light felt serene. He wasn't sure, but it looked like the person had dark magenta hair.

"Go! Forgive me!"

"Wait! Who are you?!" Sonic yelled.

"Forget me! They will protect you! I swear it! But please forget...!"

~~Dream Ends~~

"Tell me... who you are..." he muttered.

He woke up. He noticed that it was eight thirty at night right now and he sees his family walk in. Knuckles, Tom, and Maddie entered the apartment, carrying groceries. Sonic goes to check on Tails to find that he's still sleeping. He helps with the groceries and when he finished, Sonic sits back on the couch.