Our Journey Begins

Start from the beginning

"And leaping and bounding! Hair flying, heart pounding!"

Faunus bursts through the wall of vines, "And splashing, and reeling, and finally feeling!"

He runs a few feet forward, looking around the forrest with admiration as he slowly spins around to take in all the views.

"That's when my life... begins!"

A small flock of blue birds flies overhead, disappearing into the tall tree leaves above as the sun shines down onto Faunus.

"I... can't believe I did this!" Faunus exclaims with a laugh, pressing a hand to his forehead as he staggers back.

His smile drops, face paling as he presses his fingers to his temple. "I can't believe I did this," he says with dread.

Faunus' expression brightens once more as he looks around, laughing as he yells, "I can't believe I did this!!"

His laughter ceases as he curls up a bit, frowning deeply. "Father would be so furious."

...

(Y/N) leans against a nearby tree, watching Faunus with a blank expression, hood over her head.

"It's okay!" Faunus sighs with a laugh, holding a water lily in his hands as he sits on a rock in a small pond. "What he doesn't know won't kill him. Right?"

He looks back to (Y/N) for reassurance.

"Uh--" (Y/N) blinks quickly, caught off guard. "Right?"

...

"Oh, my gosh," Faunus' voice breaks as he sits alone in a dark cave, rocking a bit with his hands pressed against the sides of his head. "This would kill him."

(Y/N) watches from the cave entrance, heavy confusion evident on her face as her brows furrow.

...

(Y/N) sits on a tree stump with her cloak removed, dagger in hand as she whittles a small, thick log that was roughly the size of her hand.

"This is so fun!" Faunus screams, voice filled with laughter as he runs by, kicking a pile of leaves as she jumps in surprise.

She flinches as leaves fall in her hair and around her, her knife pausing on the wood.

...

"I... am a horrible son."

Faunus stands on a tree, his forehead pressed against the trunk and his arms hanging beneath him, frying pan in hand. (Y/N) watches him from the ground with a raised brow of disbelief, shaking her head as she continues to whittle.

"I'm going back."

...

"I am never going back!" Faunus laughs as he performs a cartwheel down a hill, losing his balance and landing on his back softly on the grass.

He rolls down the hill, rolling himself into his hair as he grins happily.

...

(Y/N) sits next to Faunus, her eyes focused on her nearly finished wood carving as Faunus wallows next to her, face planted in the thick brush of weeds and flowers.

"I am a despicable human being!" his muffled voice shouts in a sob.

...

Faunus whoops cheerfully, swinging in circles around the tree (Y/N) was leaning against, her expression focused as she shaves off some more wood.

"Best. Day. Ever!"

(Y/N) rolls her eyes in amusement, glancing down. She sets her carving down before grabbing a stick, setting it over a portion of the tree. Rubbing her hands quickly together, some smoke hisses from under the stick, making her quickly pull it away.