Chapter 6: Coronation Day

Third Person’s POV

Third Person’s POV

While Adelaide is busy preparing in her chamber, the coronation for the emperor has begun.

“I can’t believe that he really did become the emperor.”

“Rumor has it they are not on good terms with Her Emperial Highness the Princess.”

“Really?”

“I mean, it’s already expected given the personality of the Princess.”

“If I were to choose between the two of them, it’s better that the Young Duke will be one to rule instead of the Princess—”

“Shh! Watch your mouth! What if someone heard you?”

“What? I’m just stating the fact though…looking back on how the Princess behaves, it is better that there’s someone who’s keeping her in check.”

“If she’s the one to rule…I can’t imagine myself what would happened to this empire.”

“I mean…I can’t deny that.”

“See? I told you so.”

“However…”

The two girls who were whispering to each other stopped when someone interrupted them.

They both look at the person only to be greeted by a beautiful woman with silky brown hair and dark blue eyes.

On their mind, ‘which family is she from? Why didn’t I heard anything about her?’

But those thoughts have been pushed aside when they heard what the woman said.

“Someone from the palace saw how the couple treat each other and it’s—” The woman was abruptly stopped when one of the girls interrupted her.

“Let me guess, they are always quarreling right?”

At first, the woman was silent which makes the girls misinterpret that it is true. However, a mysterious smile blooms on the woman’s lips before she chuckle,

“No…It’s quite the opposite actually.” She said as she gracefully covered her hands with her fan. And then she leaned on them,

“Do you know that the whole floor where the couple resides emit a ‘specific sound’ for three days straight?” She whispers as she gives them a knowing look.

The two girls who heard what she said were bewildered and seem to be in denial.

Of course they knew what she meant! It’s quite obvious since that time is the beginning of their honeymoon!

“No way…”

“Yes way.” The woman replied as a response to one of the girls. And while the two were still stunned on where they stand, the women walked past them.

“That’s right…now go spread that rumor ladies. So that your curiosity about my ‘Mistress’ will grow.” She whispered to herself.

***

“Alistair Benedict Estevan, son of Victor Regulios Estevan…with the power vested in me, I…Pope Joseph Helion Arzel, will give you a new name. From now on, you will be Alistair Gabriel Estevan-Yvellon. You shall be the sun that will lead the empire to it’s glory…Live up to your name.” The pope chanted with his hand hanging above Alistair’s head.

After he said those words, Alistair, who was once bowing his head with his eyes closed, opened his eyes as he looked up.

“In the name of Estevan and Yvellon family, I, Alistair Gabriel Estevan-Yvellon, swear that I will do my might in order to lead the empire to it’s greater glory. In my reign, I promise that the empire will reach its peak alongside our beloved people.” With words that are full of confidence and power, Alistair looks at the pope with determined eyes.

The whole room went silent after Alistair declared those heavy words. The promise during the coronation is not just simple words. It contains power on which the person who does that promise must fulfill it at all cost. If ever that person can’t keep his or her promise, then catastrophe will befall upon the empire.

That’s why the crowd went silent. Can he really keep his words? Even without communicating with each other, the people know that everyone feels chills and the heavy weight they felt after Alistair said those words.

But what can they do? What’s done is done…the only thing they can do is assist Alistair during his reign.

“…Well then. From this day forward, I shall crown you as the twentieth emperor of Yverion Empire! May the divine Goddess guide you during your reign and be filled with knowledge as you govern this land.”

With that being said, the crown that’s within the hands of the Pope, is finally put on the head of its rightful owner.

“All hail, Emperor Alistair!” As Alistair rose up from kneeling, the whole crown bowed and kneeled before him.