On The Run - Chapter 09

Inside the royal palace, the king watched the footage of Marius defeating the Soul Eater through the orb.

"Impressive. Your heroic deeds have ended the wave." said the king, "And you did it all by yourself. Perhaps you don't need followers after all."

"With all due respect, your highness. But my companions are as important to me as the other three heroes." said Marius.

"Very well then. Your reward will be sent to the inn where you are staying. You are dismiss."

Marius turned around and walked towards the exit.

"Oh, one more thing."

Marius stopped and turned his head.

"My daugther, Princess Malty, requested that she willl be rejoining your party."

"Will she know her boundaries?"

"Well that's really up to you to find out." the king said with a nervous tone.

Marius groaned and exited the throne room. As he went his way to the exit, he was approached by Lady Ingrid who blocked his way. And behind him, a kensei and a raider came out to block his escape followed by Mercy jumping from the ceiling and her crossbow aimed at Marius.

"Do you know who we are, Blackstone?" said Lady Ingrid.

"You were Iron Legion." said Marius.

"Then you know why we came for you."

"I do not want to fight. Not right now."

"Neither do I. Not in the palace."

"What do you want?"

"You're maybe a hero in this world, centurion. But none of us forget what you did back in our homeworld."

"You would put this world at the mercy of the Waves for vengeance? I have long abandoned that path. I am no longer Blackstone."

"We'll see once the crisis is over." Lady Ingrid walked pass Marius.

The other two warriors followed behind and the peacekeeper walked closer to Marius.

"Is it true of what you said? That all of this at already happened?" Mercy whispered.

"How did you know?"

"You know me, Marius. I am everywhere."

And Mercy walked passed the Spear Hero. Marius turned and find out she had disappeared while The Order were already far away.

"Malaka." Marius blurted.
___________________________________________________

At night, in the inn where the Spear Hero Party were staying. They gathered around a table with drinks served for them, with Princess Malty and Lesty now rejoining them.

"I want to say thank you again for accepting me back into your party. I promise I'll be in my best behaviour." said Malty while holding a glass of wine.

"Marius." said Elena, "Can we talk? Outside?"

"Very well." said Marius, "All of you stay here."

The two got up and headed towards the exit, leaving the others at the table.

Curious, Malty was about to get up to follow them when Gretar slammed his hammer on the table, glaring at Malty and growling at her.

"We stay here. Chieftan's orders." said Gretar.

"Why is this animal in our party?" said Malty.

"Just sit down like the rest of us. Marius gave you two a chance. So don't waste it." said Leandros.