xvi ~ Lacking Letters and Chariot Racing Take Two

Börja om från början

He'd place an ad in Olympus Weekly as soon as he could.

While the centaur was busy muttering about that, Cassie had joined the rest of her siblings to carry Clarisse on their shoulders.

They brought her to the amphitheater where Chiron gave her a laurel wreath and at the campfire there was tons of cheering.

Cassie didn't expect anything. She was just happy her friends and sister were back safe.

Their reward for helping was that no one brought up them sneaking out. If someone did they'd have to be expelled.

But to be honest, neither of the three wanted extra attention. It was good to be a normal camper for once.

Later that night, Cassie found herself leaning on Annabeth's shoulder as they roasted marshmallows.

The Stolls were telling some spooky story about a wicked king who was eaten alive by demon breakfast pastries.

The daughter of Ares couldn't stop laughing because of how stupid it was. Annabeth's shoulder would shake as Cassie died of laughter.

The blonde would glance down and smile, amused by her amusement.

Meanwhile, Clarisse shoved Percy from behind to get his attention.

Subtly she whispered, "Just because you were cool one time, Jackson, don't think you're off the hook with Ares. I'm still waiting for the right opportunity to pulverize you."

Percy forced a tight lip smile.

"What?" Clarisse questioned.

Percy shook his head. "Nothing. Just good to be home."

༻ ─── •✧💢✧• ─── ༺

Sadly, the party ponies had to leave for Florida the next morning.

On a more exciting note, Chiron had a surprise announcement that the chariot races would be happening as scheduled.

All the campers thought the races would be history after Tantalus' firing, but it felt right to redo them.

Now the camp was safe and Chiron was back.

In addition to the chariot races, the former and better activities director made an adjustment.

"The maximum riders is now three." The centaur informed, sending a smile to Cassie, Annabeth, and Percy.

They all shared a look of mutual agreement. That prize would be their's, no doubt about it

This time, Tyson didn't feel like getting back in the chariot after what happened last time, so he became their designated pit crew.

That left the trio to decided their roles. Obviously Cassie was defending. Percy decided to drive and Annabeth would help the daughter of Ares.

Percy went off to work with the horses while Tyson fixed and added to Athena's chariots. Cassie couldn't name all the new features even if she tried. (Which she didn't)

The next two days were filled with training. The three agreed that if they won, they would split the prize between the Athena and Poseidon cabins.