Chapter 8: Truth be Told

Kara's POV
After we got Leon down we headed to a fresh oven baked pizza place to eat. We all order two large pizzas and as we wait, guess who decides to make a fool of themself?
Leon gets up and starts singing Blank Space by Taylor Swift. Right when i hear the first verse to the song, oh god. Once the chours came up everyone else one by one started singing as well, so did some others in the pizza place. I faceplamed myself and hid underneath the table so no one knew i was with them. When they finish Raven drags me from underneath the table and back in my seat.
"Thanks." I say to Raven quietly.
"Anytime!" He says patting my back a little.
After we eat Leon said he wanted to talk to me at a certain place at a certain time. Once we finish up the night with a few games and shows the gang leaves and Leon said he had to go get something. I look at my phone.
12:05 am
Midnight....
I put my phone in my back pocket and start heading to the place Leon told me to go.

~~At the pier~~

I get to the pier that Leon told me to go to. I wait for him to get here as i stand on the end of the pier looking out at the glistening deep blue sea.
After five minutes i hear footsteps behind me. I turn around to see Leon walking over to me.
"Hey."
"Hey."
We got silent after a few minutes. Until Leon spoke up.
"Um, Kara, i have something to tell you.." Leon says running a hand through his hair.
I look up at him. "Hm?"
Leon starts to freeze up a little. "I-I, I.....like you.." He finally gets out.
I stare at him wide-eyed, my heart was pounding really fast, it felt like it was going to burst out of my chest.
I smile and hug Leon smiling really big. "I like you too." I whisper in his ear as I try to hold back my tears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Leon's POV

I stare at Kara as she hugs me. I thought she'd react another way, but this, is better.
I hug Kara back and smile.
"That's a ways to respond." I say laughing a little.
Kara laughs as she pulls away from the hug.
"I like you too." Kara says a little low, but low enough for me to hear.
I can hear my heart pounding really loudly. I smile at her with a childish smile.
She likes me, I like her, ........how will things work out once.........
My smile slowly turns into a frown and I look down.
"Whats wrong?" Kara says a little shaken.
I look up at her and shake off my thought. "Nothing!" I say quickly.
Kara looks at my hand as she holds my hand gently. I hold her hand back, just as I look up at her she kisses me on my lips. Her her soft, tender lips pressed against mine, she was relaxed with the kissed, like she's done it a thousand times before, I return the kiss a little bit more passionately.
After we kiss Kara looks at me very questioning.
"So, are we, ya know, dating?" She says.
I smile at her. "I guess we are.
We return back to our beach house and sleep knowing, we both are now officially dating.

~~Somwhere around the world~~

The ground suddenly shook, a large earthquake suddenly rose. It spread the ground wide open, and in a flash, that island, was burned to ashes with lava covering it and large cracks to the core of the earth surrounding that island.
A distant voice was heard.
"What has that boy done? What have you done?"