Chapter 4 The Pod

For the past few days, Megatron and Blackblade have been spending much time together, chatting and talking about everything that has been going on in their lives. It warmed my spark to see them this close and Megatron finally taking a break from all the work we have had on both the ship and on the ground. However, it is also a relief because both Optimus and myself get to spend time with our mates, who have all been pestering us to spend more time with them.

I still love them all very much, but with me helping to revive Cybertron and finding relics, I haven't had a break in a long time. So, that is what I am doing right now, spending time with all three of my mates, who were all nestled into me. We were all talking and enjoying the peaceful atmosphere that we haven't had in a long time.

"How are all of you doing?" I asked them and they all just nestled into me even more, each muttering something that I couldn't understand, but I knew that they were all very comfortable and didn't wish to move.

"Mhm, you need to spend more time with us, we haven't done this in a long time." Thundercracker said and I chuckled while tracing his wings, making him groan a bit.

"But my love, we did this last night." I said, but Skywarp countered me.

"Yeah, one night too long, you need to spend more time with your mates, remember: Mates always-"

"Come first, I know Warp, but I also have work to do around the ship and with some of the other troops." I interjected and I felt Starscream brushing my wings with his claws, making me close my eyes and purr a bit.

He then moved a bit to easily reach my wing to pet it more and said, "She's right, we all have responsibilities Warp, but I do agree we do this more often."

"Agreed." Thundercracker said and we all laughed at his statement.

I then heard a beeping from my com-link and we all groaned as I answered it.

"Enigma speaking, this better be a good reason." I said and I heard someone answer and it was Ratchet.

"Enigma, sorry to call you at this time, but something has come up with the pod Blackblade was in."

I groaned a bit, knowing I had to check this out, but really didn't want to leave my mates, considering that we had just started to relax and unwind from the past couple of days. However, I also knew that Ratchet would want us to check out the problem asap, so I pushed through my unwillingness to go and rubbed my optics.

"Are Optimus and Megatron notified?" I asked.

"Yes, but they are both not liking that they have to do this, but they are less than enthused to be doing this." Ratchet said and I rolled my optics.

"Yeah, can't imagine why, because I know we would all love to be doing this rather than spending time with their mates." I said, sarcastically and I heard Ratchet grumble a bit.

"I know it isn't ideal, but there is something big I found, something that could explain how to revive Cybertron."

When he said that, both me and the others perked up at the news.

"We'll be right over." I quickly turned my com-link off and turned to the others, who all looked excited.

"A way of reviving Cybertron!" Skywarp said, excitedly and I smiled and nodded.

"This is exciting news!" Thundercracker said and hugged me tightly.

"We must hurry!" Starscream said and we all hustled out of our room and made our way to the quarantine section of the ship. When we got there, I saw both Megatron, Optimus, Blackblade, and Elita all there as well, looking out of breath.