Chapter 10

Warning: There be will freaky and dirty moments here and there throughout the entire tale. Be warned.

Tara woke up a day later to see she was in bed in a private hospital room. Alcide was on her left side sleeping in a chair. And on her right were the couple she had remembered saving her. They snuggled together on the couch as they slept. She glanced back to see Alcide's right hand linked in her left. When she moved, it woke up him up which woke up the couple across from them. "Tara." He said in a breathy sigh. "Are you okay, babe?" He asked her while moving his hand from hers to place it against the side of her head. 

She tiredly nodded, trying to find her voice. "Yeah, I'm fine." She told him as he gently strokes her hair. His father cleared his throat, causing Alcide to glance up at him. "Uh, Tara." Alcide began to say. "This is my dad, Jackson, and his wife, my stepmother, Jenny. Jenny and Jackson, this is my wife and the mother of my children, Tara." He spoke, introducing the three of them to each other. Jenny extended her hand and smiled. "Nice to meet you." She spoke. "Nice to meet you, too." Tara replied. 

Jenny moved back and Jackson walked up to the side of the bed and stared down at her. "You're family now, girl." Jackson told her. "And those babies are our family. You've brought my son happiness he hasn't felt in a long time. No one will harm you again or they'll answer to us!" He said in a deep, guttural growl.

Tara nodded slowly before Jackson bent over to pull her into a gentle hug. She hugged him back slowly, feeling tears form in her eyes. Just then, the doctor walked in. "Hello, Mrs. Herveaux." She said, bring in a portable sonogram machine with her. "Let's check in on what going on with the baby. Now this will be pretty cold." Alcide, Jenny, and Jackson watched the doctor prep Tara's stomach by putting gel on it before turning on the machine. They all watched in silence as the doctor put the probe over the gel on Tara's stomach before moving it around.

"Okay, I see two heartbeats. So, twins. Their heartbeats are strong, and everything is fine." The doctor stated before printing out copies for them all. "Like I talked to your husband earlier, we want to keep you overnight for observation then you are free to go home. If you'd like to come be my patient, I have my own ob/gyn practice. I can set up your next appointment at my practice." She told her. Tara smiled at her husband, before speaking back to the doctor. "Yes, thank you. We would like that." She said, sighing with relief.

"Great. Let me get your prescriptions and appointment and I'll bring them back. You just rest and get ready for dinner." The doctor said before gathering her things and leaving. Jackson and Jenny walked out with the doctor to give Alcide and Tara privacy. Once in the hallway, the doctor turned to Jackson. "Thanks again, Trina." He spoke before exhaling a deep breath. 

"No, problem, Jackson. She's family. And we protect our family." The doctor named Trina said to Jackson before turning to Jenny. "Sis, I'll see you and Jackson at mom's and dad's house next week." Trina told Jenny before giving her a big hug. "Okay. Love you, Trina." Jenny replied, hugging her sister back. Jackson and Jenny watched her walk away, before hugging each other over the good news of them becoming grandparents.