Chapter 5

Warning: There be will freaky and dirty moments here and there throughout the entire tale. 

Six months later

Alcide stopped at a nearby gas station to fill up his truck. He was in the middle of pumping the gas into the tank when the hairs on the back of his neck started to stand up. He turned his head and searched for the familiar scent now in the air. Alcide had shook the nozzle for the remaining drops before pulling it out of the tank and placing it back in its slot. He had closed his eyes and slowly inhaled the warm wind blowing about. His eyes snapped open before he stepped up to the driver's door and narrowed his gaze to see a familiar face standing across the street staring right back at him.

He looked away and got inside before starting it and driving off. He pulled out of station and onto the road, driving on the side where the person stood staring. Alcide drove past, letting them see he was looking back. As he drove out of sight, Alcide had a strange feeling wash over him. He cracked his neck by tilting his head from side to side while he remained focused on the road ahead of him. Letting the thoughts leave the front of his mind, for now.

Once he was home, he smiled seeing the car in the driveway. Parking behind the car, he shut the engine off before Tara walked outside while talking on her cellphone. "Hell, yeah. I'm fine Laffy. You just bring them along and we'll catch up. I have a big surprise for you." She said into the line as she watched Alcide get out of the truck and lock it up. "Sure," She said with a smile as she watched her man walk up towards her. "Okay. I gotta go. Bye, Bitch." She said with love on the line before pulling the device away to hang up.

"Hi, baby." She greeted Alcide as he pulled her into his arms. "Hey, baby. How was your day?" He asked her, looking down at her with love, lust, and desire. "It was fine. I have graduation coming up this week. And a wedding to plan. Lafayette is coming to visit, bringing his boyfriend and Sookie." She said, watching his face for his reaction about Sookie. Alcide stared at her with a neutral expression before leaning in to kiss her passionately. He ended the kiss, watching her lick her lips. "Al, is that a problem? Sookie coming." She narrowed her eyes, asking him carefully.

"Nope." He said in a light tone while moving his left hand up to soothe her back. "Sookie, like Debbie, and one more from long ago are my past. You're my now and forever." He told her. Tara was taken aback at his admission, causing her to proudly grin. "I love you too. Now, how was your day?" She asked, moving back to the early topic. "Same old grind. But I was wondering if you would do something for me before dinner." He stated as she looked up in his gorgeous eyes. "Sure, baby. What?" She asked with an innocent expression. Alcide smirked some as he simply stared at her.

Gus sat before Cooter as he waited for the man to speak. Cooter just remained silent while he sat back in his high-rise office. "Cooter? Are you okay? You're too quiet about this." Gus said to him. "I'm fine, Gus. It's just that I'm surprised that Alcide has truly moved on." Cooter said as he sat up straight while focusing on his right-hand man. "And you're sure you smelled him, right?" Cooter asked. Gus nodded as he spoke. "He's about to go into heat. I could smell a woman on him. She smelled familiar. Like I have smelled that scent from somewhere before." 

Cooter nodded. "You think it's Sookie Stackhouse?" He asked. "He was always obsessed with that girl. He even threw Debbie away for her. His loss is my gain. Debbie will be soon pregnant with my pup." Cooter said, boasting proud. "Don't know, but I smelled the woman's in heat too. What if they mate and she's pregnant with his pup?" Gus asked.