Aftermatch

- And this is how my story ends. A one-day trip to old garbage ended with what you heard. I have no idea if anyone will read this. I don't know if anyone will find out that all this happened... Please... To whoever is listening. This cannot be forgotten. They can't cover it up. It doesn't matter what they tell you in the media, some fucking politicians, sales influencers or any other idiot. Please... Someone tell me about this... You can't believe me... I'll understand. I feel my senses slowly disappearing, but at the same time... my skin is burning... it hurts... more and more... the gas is probably spreading already. Soon I will turn into bloody goo and... *rustling and coughing*... they're already doing it... I have to... I have to secure it... good luck, whoever you are... It's all up to you now.

At this point the recording comes to an end. A blue-gloved hand pressed the button to turn off the device. The owner of that hand, who was a man dressed in a modern version of a plague doctor, stared into the recorder, laughing under a raven mask, before turning to other men in white hazmat suits who were pouring the contents of yellow barrels. The green liquid spread on the ground where the gas-burned flesh vines were located. They evaporated, slowly evaporating from existence. A bit further, near the funnel, there were slightly larger people in hazmat suits installing some device. Meanwhile, other people were placing explosive charges near the walls. There were also other people among them who put various types of equipment into boxes marked with biological contamination. The plague doctor approached them. 

- Lieutenant, you have something else here. - The doctor called to the men in white.

The doctor threw him a recorder and the guy in the hazmat suit caught it without any problem and simply threw it into the rest of the stuff in the box before closing it. 

- Will that be all? - Docktor asked.

- Everything will be fine, Dr. Mendoza. We are ready to go. We're just waiting for the sappers. - The second interlocutor replied.

- Okay, that's what I wanted to hear. Once we destroy the caves and mines, the threat has been neutralized. I want everything in the mobile lab yesterday. Get this crap out. - The plague doctor ordered.

- Yes sir! Come on boys! - The man in white replied.

The mercenaries began to grab the crate powerfully at its four ends, but quickly dropped it when suddenly shots rang out.

- We have traffic near the pond! - Another mercenary called out.

Everyone looked towards the funnel leading to the pool. the people there started shooting down with submachine guns, from where they soon began to emit terrifying out-of-this-world screams. After a while, the shots stopped and the soldiers began changing magazines simultaneously until they finally returned to their previous activities except for one of them, who stood facing the rest and said:

- Threat neutralized. - The soldier announced, throwing his rifle over his shoulder.

- Take it all away. We don't have much time. - said the doctor without taking his eyes off the funnel.

- It's getting ready, sir. - Said one of the carriers, lifting the box.

The plague doctor then turned back towards the funnel and began to walk closer to it to get a better view of what was below. As soon as he got a better view, he saw other subordinates in white protective suits placing some devices around the pool of black slime with C4 charges attached to them. He watched the proceedings unfold until he heard a muffled beeping in the pocket of his black coat. The doctor reached into his pocket to pull out a device that looked like an old foldable cell phone. Only similar if you don't notice the futuristic look of the buttons and the very good resolution on the display. The man in the raven mask pressed the button with the green receiver and then placed it on the side of his head next to the headphones.