CH 55

The thought of having at least one living family member made Mattheo hopeful. He thought that maybe him and Malfoy would form a new bond. One over trauma, but still. He always wanted a cousin that he could be friends with. It was like a built-in best friend for some people. He was always resentful against Malfoy for not being that cousin archetype. Now that this was almost over, they could start new. However, as the group stood in the back of that dark library, he knew he would never have that. He was now the last of his family.

Theo was the first to see. He stopped dead in his tracks before holding his hand out, stopping the group from going any further. Mattheo was right behind him, he had no choice but to look. Draco was sitting up, leaning his torso against the bookcases like they had left him. Only when they left him, he had been alive. His face had a permanent look of pain in it, like he had suffered a great deal of torture before he finally died. Narcissa was leaned over him, one arm wrapped around her son's shoulders, the other on the hilt of a knife that was shoved through her belly. The woman had committed suicide.

"Grab Olivia." Theo whispered to Mattheo. Olivia was in the back of the group, trying to shove past everyone crammed in the tight area. Mattheo grabbed her by her shoulders, attempting to move her back to the front of the library. The look on his face was solemn, he couldn't talk to her. She turned her head to the side, scared to ask but did so anyway. "Matty, what's wrong? Show me." She said in a worried tone. By then, everyone had gotten a glimpse. They all now had the same look on their faces. "Show me!" She yelled, trying to pry herself out of his grasp.

Mattheo slowly shook his head. "He's gone Olivia. Trust me, you don't want to see." Olivia looked at the group, they purposefully was blocking the way so she couldn't see. "What? No, he was alive. He was fine when we left him." She looked at Bill who had folded his arms across his chest. This had to be a joke. If this was, it was in very poor taste. Bill confirmed what had just been told her. "He's telling the truth Olivia. He's gone."

Olivia felt a panic attack rise up. Her vision became blurry, her heart began to race. Her hand went so numb, she couldn't even feel the wand grasped tightly in it. She shoved past Mattheo, trying to make her way through everyone. When they continued to block her path, she screamed. "Let me through! I need to see him! What the fuck is wrong with you!?" Hermione held her head down, her curls falling over her face. She crept up closer to a large bookcase, letting Olivia by. Olivia went past her, stopping where Theo was.

It was like the world stopped for a minute. Draco was staring at her, with large bulging eyes. Blue eyes that once looked at her with so much longing now had zero life in them. His face was contorted into a look she had only seen once when he was being burnt in Malfoy Manor. Narcissa Malfoy had an off expression on her face as well. It was not one of pain and suffering, but one of peace. Did she do this? Did she kill her own son and off herself? No, that wasn't possible. The woman would never bring harm to the person she loved most in this world.

Olivia took a step forward before feeling a hand on her wrist, stopping her. It was Theo. "Olivia. Don't." She pulled her wrist from him, her face still blank and emotionless. It was like she was in shock. Theo turned his head to the side, picking a point at the window to look at. He couldn't watch the look on Olivia's face change once it hit her. It would be too painful.

She walked up to the two, crouching down in front of Malfoy's body. She reached out her hand, brushing the blonde, bloody hairs out of his face. She caressed his cheek, feeling the raised scars twist underneath her fingertips. "Who did this?" She whispered. There was only silence behind her. She took her hand off Malfoy's face and clenched her fist, speaking now in an angry tone. "Who the fuck did this?!!" She didn't know why she was asking the group. They had no clue Malfoy was even dead until they entered the library. They wouldn't know anymore than she did.