CH 23

AN: For my new readers I just wanted to explain a little something. All of my fanfictions are tied up in the same world. My first FF was Truly a Gaunt, which is a retelling of Ominis Gaunt's life. In that version, Ominis wasn't born blind. You don't have to read Truly a Gaunt to get what is going on in this story. Just know that he became a very popular author in the wizarding world and fought to get rid of the sacred twenty-eight. If you are a fan of the Hogwarts Legacy game and love Ominis, go ahead and give it a read. I worked very hard on it and it has a special place in my heart.

When she awoke the next morning, Mattheo was already gone. He left her a note that was scratched on a piece of crumpled up parchment and sat it at her bedside. 'Off to do some stuff. Be back in a couple hours to take you to the library' it read in chicken scratch handwriting. Apparently, he didn't get penmanship lessons while he was homeschooled, it was almost unreadable. She was thinking about all the books she would get while there. Sure, she wanted some fiction to pass the time, but the one thing she hadn't thought about last night was that she was going to visit the Dark Lord's library. Who knew what kind of information he could be storing there.

Important information she could use to find a way out of here. She had promised herself that she would cure you-know-who, only to kill him later. That would be the only way to redeem herself in her eyes. She thought about Matteo and how he would feel if she killed his father. She would have to get him to realize it was for the greater good. He was never a father to the guy anyway. Maybe he could help her? He was her only friend in here.

Mattheo came back a couple of hours later as promised. It would seem the 'stuff' he had to do was finished and he was ready to take her to the library. "You're going in your nightgown?" He asked. Olivia looked down at herself. She was still in that damned white nightgown. She didn't even have a pair of proper shoes, only the heels she wore that night she had dinner with the 'family'. "I don't have anything else." She shrugged her shoulders. Mattheo walked over to the wardrobe, only finding hangers and a fox skinned shawl laying at the bottom. He picked up the shawl and wrapped it around himself, poking his head out of the door to the wardrobe to show her.

"You look like a classy lady." She said in a monotone voice, knowing he wouldn't find anything in there. She had already looked. He walked over to his bag, digging around for a while. "I might have something a girl can wear." He pulled out a large sweater with triangle designs on it and a pair of ripped shorts. "Try these on." He handed her the wadded bundle of clothes and stood there.

Olivia blinked her eyes a few times. "Can I have some privacy?" Mattheo perked up. "Oh yea, I gotta take a leak anyway." He said before going into the bathroom, locking the door behind him. She slipped out of her nightgown and put on the clothes he had given her. They were a bit baggy and awkward looking on her, but comfortable, nonetheless. It felt freeing to be in real clothes. Who would have thought that a cotton nightgown would feel restrictive.

Mattheo walked out of the bathroom; his hands still soaked from washing his hands. He wiped a wet hand on her shoulder. "Sorry I peed on my hand." A wide, toothy grin was present on his face. Olivia stared up at him. "Really?" He giggled. "No, you're out of hand towels in there. You look good though! You look like a real-life person."

"And what do you mean by that?" She said, getting off the bed. "When I saw you cure my dad that night, I was a little scared of you. You're mad powerful. I thought you would be this abrasive, mean witch. It was like you were out of this world. But you're just a regular chick." So Mattheo was one of the masked figures behind the Dark Lord that night. Did that mean he was for certain a death eater? Of course, he was. It was odd though. She couldn't picture Mattheo killing muggles. She couldn't picture him squashing a bug.