Chapter 1 - Hallways

A/N: thanks for actually reading this :))

Alex's POV:

The elevator doors closed with a clang.

I am so not ready for this...

As the elevator started to go up, I felt like panicking. I have never really been to college so I really have no idea what to expect. I just needed to ask about the scholarship I got and make a few changes to it because my stupid cousin insisted just to keep his eye on me.

The elevator doors open and I suddenly realize how unprepared I am to talk to the Dean.

I walk down the long hallways to the Dean's office (with the help of signs), each step becoming harder as I contemplate how to speak without looking or being awkward.

There was a little stairs at the end of a hallway where I believed the Dean's office was.

You can do this Alex. You have survived a hurricane; you can definitely talk to the Dean.

I walked down the hallway.

You can do it.

Walked up the short flight of stairs.

You can do it.

Before I even knew it, I was at the end of the hallway, standing right in front of the Dean's office with my hand on the doorknob.

YOUCANDOITYOUCANDOITYOUCANDOIT.

I wrapped my hand around the doorknob.

YESYESYES.

I was practically sweating right now; I hated any type of human interaction.

HOLY HELL I CAN'T DO IT.

I turned away from the door and bolted down the long-ass hallway.

MY COUSIN IS GOING TO BE SO MAD OMG.

As I ran around in the hallways, I noticed how long I have been walking just to get to the Dean's office. I suddenly stopped running when I saw people just standing and talking in the hallways, leaning on walls.

Where am I??

This place was like a goddamn maze, every single hallway the same boring brown color, with many doors on the walls which I was guessing was the dorms.

Where was the elevator?

I suddenly wished that I payed attention while running down the hallways, then I wouldn't be lost.

Annoyed, I leaned on the wall with my hand on my forehead to wipe the sweat. Thinking back to the experience I noticed how it wasn't actually that hard to talk to someone and I might have overreacted. Next time I will definitely-

I cried out as I fell backwards and my head slammed onto the floor.

"HOLY FUCK I'M SO SORRY." I heard a voice say as I sat up and rubbed the back of my head.

A person was knelt beside me and I could hear other voices in the background.

"Omg John what the hell." A voice coming from behind me said.

"Shut up I didn't know he was even there!" He yelled.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he turned me, looking me in the eyes.

I searched his features. He had numerous freckles that dances across his face, his dark hair was tied back well enough to keep out of his face but with further inspection, you can see a few stubborn curls escaped the hair tie. But when I met his eyes, I felt my soul leave my body.