A shaky grand welcome

WRITER'S POV

"Mom, I am doing as you instructed", Marvin said as he bowed to Queen Pela. "You aren't doing anything" Queen Pela shouted, a mischievous grin on her face as well. "I am doing everything within my power to overthrow Dylan and capture the royal gems but we haven't even found the royal gems yet not to talk of me snatching it from him. Patience is the key to achieving something great" Marvin advised. "You are now going to teach me what to do right?" She asked while Marvin looked away. "Fine, do it at the time you feel it is right but let me warn you. Don't fall my hand. I entrust everything into your hands", queen Pela warned.

"I am leaving already. I have to go look for Dylan" Marvin said. "Isn't he home?" Queen Pela asked straightening her posture. "I woke up this morning and couldn't find him in the house" Marvin answered. "Go to my chamber, you will see my royal guard there. He will give you an address, that is where Dylan must be. Find him, stay next to him and get the gems at any cost", Queen Pela commanded as her eyes shone brightly as if they would puck out any moment.

"As your Highness pleases", Marvin said and bowed then he exited the room. "One more step closer and all this will be all mine. Everything I have dreamed of for many years will be mine, mother is dead already so I will own it all. Well done, Marvin" she said as she thundered a scary laughter.

*****
Dylan looked at the building in front of him appreciating how money had over-furnished the duplex he was looking at. The duplex boasts a well-designed outdoor space, perfect for relaxation and entertainment. A spacious patio or deck area is furnished with comfortable outdoor seating, allowing residents to enjoy the fresh air and surrounding scenery. A barbecue grill and outdoor dining set provide opportunities for al fresco dining and entertaining guests. The landscaped garden is meticulously maintained, featuring a variety of plants, trees and perhaps even a small fountain or pond.

Overall, this well-furnished duplex house combines timeless elegance with modern amenities, creating a comfortable and luxurious living environment. "Wow!!!, this is money" Dylan exclaimed as they approached the entrance of the house while Doris smiled and opened the door leading to the living room.

The living room features a cosy seating arrangement with a comfortable sofa, complemented by armchairs and a coffee table. A stylish entertainment centre houses a flat-screen television, accompanied by a state-of-the-art sound system. The walls are adorned with tasteful artwork and framed photographs, adding a personal touch to the space. "this is beautiful, so I will be living in This luxurious mansion for a while" Dylan admired the house again as Doris stylishly smack him on the head as they walked in and have their various seats.

"Mom, Dad am home" Doris shouted to make her arrival a notice. "Tell me something," Dylan said, "like what?" Doris asked immediately
"Like, you know ... em why did you leave here to live where we came from?" Dylan asked inquisitively.

"Like I said earlier, many things aren't visible" Doris replied with a smirk on her face just then, an elderly man in his early 50s walked down the stairs while Doris stood and jumped on him. "Dad... I missed you so much" Doris said as she hugged him tightly "I missed my darling sweet and adorable daughter as well. You are the best!" he replied smiling.

"Where's Mandy?" Doris asked suddenly. "She's in the kitchen preparing some meals 'cause there is a lot to talk about" Bobby replied while Doris went straight into the kitchen. "Young man, how are you?" Bobby said as he extended his hands to Dylan for greeting. "I am fine sir and you?" Dylan replied as he stood up and shaken the elderly man.

"What's ya name boy?" Bobby asked, "I am Dylan by name sir" Dylan responded as he flashed a smile. "Okay, come sit with me and have some wine," Bobby said as he ushered Dylan to the small coated bar house.