"You bloody wish." The blonde rolled her eyes and began to walk away. "Good luck with your ex and your new lassie."

Riley ignored her and entered the hotel so she could book herself another room before she went to finally meet with Paris.

Her first stop had to be with her, at least when she sees Heather the brunette presence will be more than enough to lift her mood.

When she was settled back again in a hotel room she finally opened all the texts Paris had sent her they all were what she had expected.

Where are you?

Riley I'm sorry I should've told you.

I was going to tell you about Alessia and I.

It was shitty of me.

I'm worried, just tell me you are okay.

You are with Cassidy?

Are you fucking Cassidy?

Sorry, none of my business.

Putting the phone on her pocket Riley got up and exited the hotel room—she knew where Paris would be so is better to head there and get this over with. Like a bandaid, just rip it off at once and it will hurt least.

Or so she hopes.

Entering the bakery it took no longer than a few seconds for Paris to spot her coming in given that she was just by the cashier facing the door.

Riley watched as Paris rounded the counter and approached her.

"Where have you been?" Was what Paris said first.

"Edinburgh and Loch Lake and Aberdeen. Cassidy is an amazing tour guide really I have to admit." Riley explained like it was not a big deal, because it really wasn't.

"Why were you with her?"

Riley shrugged, "She wanted to come with me and offered to show me around."

"Are you two fucking?"

"Okay that's none of your business. Just like it wasn't any of my business that you have a new girlfriend, so just invited me to what? Shove into my face that you moved on and I haven't?" Riley didn't know where the sudden anger had come from.

Paris sighed and pulled her out of the bakery. "We are not doing this in here."

Riley snatched her arm from her grip once they were outside. "Don't pull me around Paris. You wanted to talk and I came here for it."

"I know, just not there." Paris pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Not in front of your girlfriend?"

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you Riley, it was shitty and I should've done it so you could decide wether you wanted to come here or not. I didn't want you to know yet, I know that—"

"That I'm not fully over you? Paris I'm not going to fucking kill myself over seeing you with another girl if you believe I'm that unstable." Riley shook her head in disbelief.

"I just didn't want to hurt you. I'm sorry." Paris apologized again, but that could barely make Riley's anger cease—however she didn't let it get out again.

"I don't think we can be friends. Not for a long time at least." Riley blurted out—no matter how angry she was, it still hurt to say it.

This was the right thing to do for herself.

For Paris too even if she wouldn't see it.

Hopefully it will prove to have been the right choice in the future.

Paris's big stormy blue eyes widened before her face contorted into one of worry. "Riley please—"

"You are right, I'm not over you and it... hurts me to see you with someone else. It hurts me to see you and to simply talk to you because I know you are not mine anymore and I know that I am greatly to blame for that fact. But being your friend is not helping me move on and heal, so I have to do this. I have to stop being in love with you and the only way for me to do that is if I don't have any contact with you at all." Riley paused to see her ex-girlfriend's eyes glistening with tears.

"You had your chance to heal, this is mine. I have other things that got me in a bad place in my life right now... things that I have to heal from that have nothing to do with us, but me being hurting from our failed relationship doesn't help. I need to do this."

"Riley... whatever it is that you are going through you can count on me." Paris gulped as she blinked away tears.

"I know, but I can't count on you. You deserve to live your own life. I'm not your responsibility. This is something I need to do by myself." Riley was caught off guard when she was engulfed in a hug.

"Please Riley... for the love of God take care of yourself. I worry about you so fucking much, nothing you say will make me not worry." Paris hugged her like her life depended on it—she didn't know if she would ever see Riley again. Not after what she had just told her.

"Always P. You don't need to worry... I'll be okay and I'll see you again—I don't know when, but I will. You just be happy, that's all I want for you." Riley inhaled before finally letting go of her ex. "I won't be alone."

"You will never be, even if you don't want me as your friend." She smiled at her trying to lift up the mood. "When are you leaving?"

"Maybe tomorrow or after that." Riley needed to see Heather before she left, there was not negotiating there.

She won't leave until she sees Heather again.

"But I guess this is goodbye for us?" Paris said.

"It is... for now."

"For now." Paris repeated.

"Bye Paris." Riley almost couldn't get herself to turn her back on the frenchwoman that still held her heart. She wanted to memorize her face.

It hurt but she at last did it and finally walked away from Paris, not hearing her ex last words to her as she went.

A/N - I bit late on this update sorry.

Thoughts?