28. Our Little World

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, unless the family cat decides to take a nap in the dryer."

The stairs led to the street and the brothers walked towards the Impala, parked by the curb.

Sam continued. "You know, we've been here since Monday and still haven't found another legit victim. Maybe Amara moved on or stopped feeding altogether."

"Well... finding her victims is still the best shot we got at finding her," Dean reasoned.

"Not actually true."

Sam and Dean looked at each other across the hood of the Impala. Sam raised his eyebrows and looked at Dean expectantly.

"Oh, what?" Dean retorted. "You think she's ready? She's had a pretty rough go of it lately."

"Which one of us hasn't? Seems insane to leave our one and only angel friend on the bench."

"I'll call her," Dean replied, resigned.

"Thank you."

Dean dialed a number.

INT. BUNKER

Castiel sat in a chair next to a bed.

A man spoke. "...It literally doesn't matter."

A woman said, "Well, we're gonna get to all the results in just a second. We're gonna start with, uh..." A phone rang. "Let's go back to our first story. Uh, Louis, Silla, and Edwin."

Castiel answered the phone. "Hi."

EXT. IMPALA

Dean spoke. "Cas. How you doing, sweetheart?"

INT. BUNKER

On the TV, a female talk show host held a microphone. The caption on the screen was of the 'Jenny Jones' talk show titled 'DNA Tests Prove Fatherhood'.

"We did a DNA test on Louis," Jenny Jones said.

Castiel looked tired as she replied, "Oh, I'm fine. Find anything on Metatron?"

INT. BUNKER / EXT. IMPALA

Dean paced back and forth in front of the Impala while Sam waited in the background.

Castiel continued. "Um, nothing on angel radio."

"How long's it been since you left the bunker?" Dean asked.

"Oh, why would I leave? I've got everything I need right here."

"Wait. Is that - are you watching "Jenny Jones"?"

"It's a rerun." Dean rolled his eyes and looked exasperated. "She's just about to announce the paternity results."

"You are the father."

Castiel rolled her eyes and looked exasperated. "Jenny, he is not ready to be a father."

"Okay. I-I-I thought you were going with socially acceptable binge watching. Uh, you know, "The Wire," "Game of Thrones.""

"Yeah, well, a woman can't live on caviar alone, Dean," Castiel retorted.

"Well, you sound weird, okay?" A cell phone rang. "Bad weird. Exhausted. Now, I've been down this road before."

Sam answered his phone. "What's up, Detective?"

"I have heard the siren's song from the idiot box, and I'm telling you, whatever you're looking for, you won't find it there. So do me a favor."

"Oh," Castiel said.

"Turn off the TV. Go outside and get some air. We're in the dark here, honey. I need you back in the game, okay?"